Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Shusterman site updated - Now confused more than ever!

Shusterman site updated - Now confused more than ever!

Old Feb 6th 2001, 10:46 pm
Robert & Suzanne

Finally, the information has been obtained and posted on the Shusterman site - what we
have been waiting for since November of last year! BUT!........ I-130 immediate relative -
initial adjudication date is August 9th (as of December 31st). What happened to our
petition then? Ours has a date of July 26th and we have heard nothing - plus my husband
called INS at NSC and they told him they are working on September now for I-130's! I will
have to crawl under a very large rock and cry if our petition has been lost. We keep
getting told that our file is on a 'shelf' awaiting an immigration officer to look at it.
Today they said they would 'pull our file off the shelf' and find out what is taking so
long with it and to 'call back in 10 days'. Great.

What does anyone make of this? If we were to contact the senator in the state that we are
hoping to eventually move to, would they contact the INS NSC office on our behalf? Thanks
for putting up with us for soooooo long!! Suzanne