Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Should I submit an L1-A or B application?

Should I submit an L1-A or B application?

Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Should I submit an L1-A or B application?

Originally Posted by Bob
It's all semantics. Sure, semantics can and are important when dealing with immigration, but not that much for this distinction :/
Agreed, trust me i've been dealing with immigration in both US and Canada for the last Decade but feel in this case it was fairly obvious what the OP poster was asking......at least to me
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Hovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really niceHovik is just really nice

Originally Posted by BostonBrit Expat Since 03
No, that will be down to the company and their lawyer you should not have any part to play in that decision......same as for GC apps and whether to go for EB1,2 or 3 categories, you wont choose that either
I have to disagree on this. You know if you're a manager or specialized worker. If in doubt, discuss it with your appointed immigration lawyer.

In my experience, lawyers prefer to file applicants in EB3 vs EB2 (less initial work, longer contract, etc.), and A vs. B is roughly the same. I got my intended GC application moved from EB3 to EB2 after discussing it with the company appointer lawyer.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hovik
I have to disagree on this. You know if you're a manager or specialized worker. If in doubt, discuss it with your appointed immigration lawyer.

In my experience, lawyers prefer to file applicants in EB3 vs EB2 (less initial work, longer contract, etc.), and A vs. B is roughly the same. I got my intended GC application moved from EB3 to EB2 after discussing it with the company appointer lawyer.
hence why I wrote "should". Your company should know your skills and know how best to process, EB3 is easier for them however, HR and the Lawyer should know where your application lies and have the best chance of success surely? as they have done this numerous times before.....not you.

obviously if you are a manager with an MSc you wont be in EB3 will you??