Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Should I give up? uk based adult nurse

Should I give up? uk based adult nurse

Old Dec 30th 2018, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

christine801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I give up? uk based adult nurse

True. Thanks for your objective response.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 11:17 am
Just Joined

HandmadeRN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I give up? uk based adult nurse

Originally Posted by christine801
Sorry to be a pain- I have just completed the GGFNS application and made payment for my transcripts to be evaluated. As part of my training we had to complete mental Health placement and theory, I also did some placement with the Health Visitors, though I am not sure if this will count.

My my question is, should I suspend the CGFNS process and go ahead with the Kings College top up .

Any my suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Christine801
Hi Christine,

I'm a qualified health visitor and it didn't count. Honestly it really depends on what your university send in to CGFNS and how they assess it. I've had a nursing agent tell me that he's managed people getting past CGFNS with letters from tutors but in my case my university wouldn't allow that. Funnily enough, they are also the only university in the UK that run the top up course....

Another thing to consider for everyone is that moving over to the US with one of the agencies is all great and good if you have the right qualifications and you work in a hospital in one of the in-demand jobs. I haven't worked a clinical role in a hospital for a while. As someone with community experience and now working in EPR (which I absolutely love) they weren't interested.

Sponsorship jobs tend to be ones that are in the acute sector. Sorry, if that's obvious to most of you but I do think it's worth pointing out if you intend to spend a lot of money to move there and then be told that they only have openings in jobs that you don't want to do just because it gives you sponsorship.