Wikiposts

Should automated message change?

Old Aug 21st 2002, 9:37 am
Saifullah Khan Ghori

Default Should automated message change?

Forum members, Our I-129F petition was approved on Aug 19 by VSC. We are awaiting
the actual NOA via snailmail. Now we forgot to mention "please cable" in our cover
letter. Would VSC then inform Montreal via diplomatic pouch only? If VSC is nice
enough to cable Montreal even without our requesting, should the automated message
change? Right now it says "This case has been approved. An approval notice was
mailed". Montreal averages 3 weeks after second NOA to send out packet 3. However how
many weeks more would it be for those who forgot to request cable notification?
Thanks, Saba and Saif.

Old Aug 21st 2002, 11:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should automated message change?

Vermont routinely sends all approvals worldwide via cable. It does not have to be requested or paid for.

What do you want the message to be changed to? That is all it will ever say until they delete you from their phone system.

Originally posted by Saifullah Khan Ghori:
Forum members, Our I-129F petition was approved on Aug 19 by VSC. We are awaiting
the actual NOA via snailmail. Now we forgot to mention "please cable" in our cover
letter. Would VSC then inform Montreal via diplomatic pouch only? If VSC is nice
enough to cable Montreal even without our requesting, should the automated message
change? Right now it says "This case has been approved. An approval notice was
mailed". Montreal averages 3 weeks after second NOA to send out packet 3. However how
many weeks more would it be for those who forgot to request cable notification?
Thanks, Saba and Saif.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 5:08 pm
Ken R

When was your fist NOA? Just curious what dates they are processing.

Ken

"Saifullah Khan Ghori" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > Forum members, Our I-129F petition was approved on Aug 19 by VSC. We are awaiting
    > the actual NOA via snailmail. Now we forgot to mention "please cable" in our cover
    > letter. Would VSC then inform Montreal via diplomatic pouch only? If VSC is nice
    > enough to cable Montreal even without our requesting, should the automated message
    > change? Right now it says "This case has been approved. An approval notice was
    > mailed". Montreal averages 3 weeks after second NOA to send out packet 3. However
    > how many weeks more would it be for those who forgot to request cable notification?
    > Thanks, Saba and Saif.

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 2:45 am
Saifullah Khan Ghori

Rete, I thought that the automated message will mention the consulate Montreal. Right
now it says "Case approved....approval mailed". I had the impression it may be
updated to "Case approved, Montreal notified...etc". Thanks, Saba and Saif.

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Vermont routinely sends all approvals worldwide via cable. It does not have to be
    > requested or paid for.
    > What do you want the message to be changed to? That is all it will ever say until
    > they delete you from their phone system.
    > Originally posted by Saifullah Khan Ghori:
    > > Forum members, Our I-129F petition was approved on Aug 19 by VSC. We are
    > > awaiting the actual NOA via snailmail. Now we forgot to mention "please cable"
    > > in our cover letter. Would VSC then inform Montreal via diplomatic pouch only?
    > > If VSC is nice enough to cable Montreal even without our requesting, should the
    > > automated message change? Right now it says "This case has been approved. An
    > > approval notice was mailed". Montreal averages 3 weeks after second NOA to send
    > > out packet
    > > 3. However how many weeks more would it be for those who forgot to request cable
    > > notification? Thanks, Saba and Saif.

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:33 am
Saifullah Khan Ghori

Forum members, I got the answer to my own query. Today when I checked the VSC
automated system the message had indeed changed from "This case has been approved..."
to "Appropriate US consulate has been cabled/faxed the approval of this case....".
Regards, Saba and Saif.

[email protected] (Saifullah Khan Ghori) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Forum members, Our I-129F petition was approved on Aug 19 by VSC. We are awaiting
    > the actual NOA via snailmail. Now we forgot to mention "please cable" in our cover
    > letter. Would VSC then inform Montreal via diplomatic pouch only? If VSC is nice
    > enough to cable Montreal even without our requesting, should the automated message
    > change? Right now it says "This case has been approved. An approval notice was
    > mailed". Montreal averages 3 weeks after second NOA to send out packet 3. However
    > how many weeks more would it be for those who forgot to request cable notification?
    > Thanks, Saba and Saif.