Wikiposts

SF has acknowledged our file!

Old May 19th 2003, 6:52 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bao-long
Congrats!!!

Between the lady that changed my AP date and the person that helped you, sounds like they are not all bad the SF offcice

Bao-Long
SF is a very nice office to deal with. I started my practice in San Francisco, and moved from there to Pasadena (So. Cal.) in Sept. 1999 as my bride had family down here and she wanted to live closer to them. I have many cases on file with SF, and file new cases all the time at that office. I don't know if it’s just that SF mood/mentality, but I'd characterize it as a warm and friendly BCIS office (as far as BCIS offices go).

M.U.
Old May 19th 2003, 6:55 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SF has acknowledged our file!

Originally posted by Caro
Hi everybody!

Today [roughly 1 year after we moved to the SF area], we finally received confirmation that SF has our correct address.
That was nice of them to reply. Actually, when I've had to have cases transferred from the San Francisco office to other BCIS offices (due to the clients moving), I will sometimes get written notification from SF to let me know the date they transferred the file, and to where it was transferred. Not many other BCIS offices do that.

M.U.
Old May 19th 2003, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
SF is a very nice office to deal with. I started my practice in San Francisco, and moved from there to Pasadena (So. Cal.) in Sept. 1999 as my bride had family down here and she wanted to live closer to them. I have many cases on file with SF, and file new cases all the time at that office. I don't know if it’s just that SF mood/mentality, but I'd characterize it as a warm and friendly BCIS office (as far as BCIS offices go).

M.U.
Hi Caroline,

I'm so pleased to read that things seem to be moving at the SF office for you, fingers crossed that will continue and you hear about your interview soon.
C
Old May 19th 2003, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
That was nice of them to reply. Actually, when I've had to have cases transferred from the San Francisco office to other BCIS offices (due to the clients moving), I will sometimes get written notification from SF to let me know the date they transferred the file, and to where it was transferred. Not many other BCIS offices do that.

M.U.

Matthew,

We have a question for you, as we're using SF as well. We haven't heard anything from the office. They received our AOS paperwork on 2/27/03 per the USPS receipt, they cashed our checks on 4/14/03. When do the 90 days begin? From the day they received the paperwork, or the day the checks were cashed?

We've been reading about you getting a response within a few weeks from this office and other people on this newsgroup with a relatively close mailing date have already received their EAD appt.

We were going to go to the office today, but being that it's a Monday we decided to wait till tomorrow. Do you think we have cause to be concerned, seeing as others have received their appts. We are adjusting from a K1.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Caro,

Thank you for all the info regarding the office. We really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Kat and Chris
Old May 19th 2003, 9:46 am
Banned

Originally posted by katnap8
Matthew,

We have a question for you, as we're using SF as well. We haven't heard anything from the office. They received our AOS paperwork on 2/27/03 per the USPS receipt, they cashed our checks on 4/14/03. When do the 90 days begin? From the day they received the paperwork, or the day the checks were cashed?
I believe that would be 90 days from when the case was “filed�. The date of filing will be the date on the BCIS cash register receipt that you apparently have not yet received. Judging from my recent SF cases and the fact that your checks were cashed mid April, I’ll bet you will be receiving your receipt notice, your AOS filing acknowledgment letter, your EAD appointment notice, and a blank SF change of address form any day now. I don’t think you have cause for concern yet (But of course, please keep in mind that you are not my client, I don’t know your case, I’ve not contacted the SF BCIS office for you, and that this is just my thoughts/guess as to whether or not your case has fallen through the cracks…. whether or not you have cause for concern).

Good luck

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old May 19th 2003, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Kat,

Look at the post by teessider. He seems to be in a situation similar to yours! He didn't give specifics though.

Caroline