Service Center & I-797 info query

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

ChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura about
Default Service Center & I-797 info query

Any ideas what/where "ESC" equates to in terms of Service Center on an I-797, Notice of Action from USCIS?

This appears on my biometrics appointment letter in regards to my I-751 I recently sent to VSC. Although no 2 cases are the same, herewith current timeline for mine specifically:

2/6/12 - I-751 petition filed to VSC
2/14/12 - I-797 receipt of filing received
2/21/12 - Biometrics appointment letter received (Notice Date 2/17/12)
3/8/12 - Biometrics appointment

Also, while we're at it, any ideas what the number in the "Code" box equates to on the I-797 & what the numbering scale represents? It is under the "Service Date" box, to the right of the "USCIS A#" box at the top right of the form.

As always, thank you everyone; this is without doubt the best (& most addictive) forum I've ever had the pleasure of being part of

CD
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Service Center & I-797 info query

Originally Posted by ChelseaDagger
Any ideas what/where "ESC" equates to in terms of Service Center on an I-797, Notice of Action from USCIS?
ESC is the Eastern Service Center... it's the old name for the Vermont SC.

Ian
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Ian & Rete; as always, speedy responses You guys should get mentioned in dispatches for your services rendered here

I was thinking more along the lines of USCIS having a new pilot scheme where ESC = eOnline Service Center or Expedited Service Center
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Ian & Rete; as always, speedy responses You guys should get mentioned in dispatches for your services rendered here

I was thinking more along the lines of USCIS having a new pilot scheme where ESC = eOnline Service Center or Expedited Service Center

If only
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it simply "Code", or is it "ASC Code"? And if the later, is the code a 1, a 2, or a 3?

If it's ASC Code, and the number is 1, 2, or 3, the number tells the ASC what the appointment is for - fingerprints only, photo only, or both fingerprints and photo. I forget which number goes with which item, but a search of this forum should turn up an old post or two with that information.

Regards, JEff

EDIT: correction:
Code 1: 10 fingerprints
Code 2: Thumb finger print, photo and signature
Code 3: 10 fingerprints, photo and signature (code 1 + code 2)

Also, while we're at it, any ideas what the number in the "Code" box equates to on the I-797 & what the numbering scale represents? It is under the "Service Date" box, to the right of the "USCIS A#" box at the top right of the form.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 22nd 2012 at 2:36 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Is it simply "Code", or is it "ASC Code"? And if the later, is the code a 1, a 2, or a 3?

If it's ASC Code, and the number is 1, 2, or 3, the number tells the ASC what the appointment is for - fingerprints only, photo only, or both fingerprints and photo. I forget which number goes with which item, but a search of this forum should turn up an old post or two with that information.

Regards, JEff

EDIT: correction:
Code 1: 10 fingerprints
Code 2: Thumb finger print, photo and signature
Code 3: 10 fingerprints, photo and signature (code 1 + code 2)
It is "Code" & in this instance, a Code 3.

Thanks Jeff, appreciated indeed.