Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Send in ORIGINAL Green Card for I-751?

Send in ORIGINAL Green Card for I-751?

Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

graham_mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Send in ORIGINAL Green Card for I-751?

Originally Posted by needhelp
Hi..I was askng about return envelope with tracking number on it. When I was on H1B visa, NSC sent me RFE with return envelope with tracking number inside that envelope. I asked this question to another member of this group and they said they got that return envelope but did not use it.
So you did not get this return envolope at all? You only got that yellow letter?
It seems like I am not alone.
Please reply!
Nope... no return envelope provided by NSC to me.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply!
Originally Posted by graham_mca
Nope... no return envelope provided by NSC to me.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..I was askng about return envelope with tracking number on it. When I was on H1B visa, NSC sent me RFE with return envelope with tracking number inside that envelope. I asked this question to another member of this group and they said they got that return envelope but did not use it.
So you did not get this return envolope at all? You only got that yellow letter?
It seems like I am not alone.
Please reply!
I don't think it matters. Your A number is on your green card, so they can match it up. I think the case number was on the yellow sheet too, but I don't remember. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

You are right Carl and thanks for your reply. I feel much better now. So you also did not get that return envelope...right?

Originally Posted by Carl
I don't think it matters. Your A number is on your green card, so they can match it up. I think the case number was on the yellow sheet too, but I don't remember. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

UPDATE...

Yesterday Feb 23rd I received a plain envelope from my service centre in Nebraska. To my amazement it contained a form letter which simply said that my allplication is approved and attached to the letter was my new 10 year Permanent Resident card complete with new photo and fingerprint!

I am still in shock I think...lol. So this appears to have cut out the required trip to my local office (Milwaukee) completely (which is the normal way to get your card after approval), and explains why Nebraska wanted my old card. So I guess that is that! 2 months from applying.... amazing, now this is what I call streamlining.

I hope the same happens for you guys here too.

Graham
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats! That is great news! can you please provide your complete timeline of I-751? When did you mail your original green card?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Congrats! That is great news! can you please provide your complete timeline of I-751? When did you mail your original green card?
Thanks needhelp!.... here is the timeline...

Posted I-751 application to Nebraska, 1st Dec. 2005
Posted original Green Card as requested, 6th Jan. 2006
Received Approval & 10 year Green Card, 23rd Feb. 2006

I need a beer!

Graham
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by graham_mca
Thanks needhelp!.... here is the timeline...

Posted I-751 application to Nebraska, 1st Dec. 2005
Posted original Green Card as requested, 6th Jan. 2006
Received Approval & 10 year Green Card, 23rd Feb. 2006

I need a beer!

Graham
Congratulations!!! Thats great news! let's celebrate