Seeing if We have a chance

Old Feb 16th 2020, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Alanbmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeing if We have a chance

Hi , I’m a 34 manager at a digital dental laboratory 16 years experience (GDC registered) my soon to be wife is a qualified personal trainer and a qualified nursery teacher. We have an 18 month old daughter. Looked and read various post regarding visa applications, it’s a mine field , hoping to get some advice on USA visas , always loved the idea of living the California dream . (Like everyone else ) but would love to see if we even have a chance . Thanks for reading , total newby to the forum
thanks again alan
Old Feb 16th 2020, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeing if We have a chance

On the face of it, it doesn’t look likely. Do you have immediate family members who are US citizens living here? Parents or siblings?

Do you work for a multi-national company that has branches in the United States where you could be transferred internally?

Those are realistically your best options. If visas were available just because people wanted to live here then the place would be very overcrowded and there wouldn’t be enough resources to go around - hardly a dream! That’s why there are strict requirements on eligibility and numbers are limited in many categories.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 11:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it's not really a minefield, once you recognize that, based on what you have posted, it is very unlikely that there is any way for you to get a visa that would allow you to live and work in the US.

Take a look here, and here, read carefully, and then let us know if you think that any of the visa categories discussed apply to your situation.

BTW. Look out for "immigration consultants", and maybe some unscrupulous lawyers, who will charge you a fee to "advise you on your visa options", when in fact all they will do is give you the information provided in the above links.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steph0scope
On the face of it, it doesn’t look likely. Do you have immediate family members who are US citizens living here? Parents or siblings?

Do you work for a multi-national company that has branches in the United States where you could be transferred internally?

Those are realistically your best options. If visas were available just because people wanted to live here then the place would be very overcrowded and there wouldn’t be enough resources to go around - hardly a dream! That’s why there are strict requirements on eligibility and numbers are limited in many categories.
unfortunately not no family members there , and non of us work at a company where we could be transferred, we both have plenty of years experience in our jobs . in jobs that I would thought to be in need teeth and children , most people have both so both busy industries. I’m fully aware how hard it is to get into the USA . But if there’s no chance at all I might aswel find out early before spending time and money on an impossible venture, thanks Alan
Old Feb 16th 2020, 12:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanbmx
unfortunately not no family members there , and non of us work at a company where we could be transferred, we both have plenty of years experience in our jobs . in jobs that I would thought to be in need teeth and children , most people have both so both busy industries. I’m fully aware how hard it is to get into the USA . But if there’s no chance at all I might aswel find out early before spending time and money on an impossible venture, thanks Alan
Part of your problem, in addition to the above mentioned issues over having difficulty finding a visa you qualify for, is that the US rarely recognizes qualifications from outside the US. Whether you are an electrician or a surgeon, or anything in between, you face a period of training and some sort of re-certification.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Part of your problem, in addition to the above mentioned issues over having difficulty finding a visa you qualify for, is that the US rarely recognizes qualifications from outside the US. Whether you are an electrician or a surgeon, or anything in between, you face a period of training and some sort of re-certification.

Exactly why I’m here doing my home work , can’t find any information on that issue, if I had a plan to follow which included training etc I know what’s required, a lot to address but I’ve got to look into it properly thanks Alan
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly why I’m here doing my home work , can’t find any information on that issue, if I had a plan to follow which included training etc I know what’s required, a lot to address but I’ve got to look into it properly thanks Alan
Your first step needs to be visa, then you can worry about training/certification. Did you see a visa route in the above Wiki links that you think you may be eligible for?
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:54 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , I’m a 34 manager at a digital dental laboratory 16 years experience (GDC registered) my soon to be wife is a qualified personal trainer and a qualified nursery teacher. We have an 18 month old daughter. Looked and read various post regarding visa applications, it’s a mine field , hoping to get some advice on USA visas , always loved the idea of living the California dream . (Like everyone else ) but would love to see if we even have a chance . Thanks for reading , total newby to the forum
thanks again alan
I had a similar idea (except NYC) aged 21. My options were marry my USC GF (it sounds like that is not an option for you). Green card lottery, I was born in Germany (if you were born in non-NI UK not an option) and calculated my odds to be about 1:200, I was never picked. I ended up on an L1a transfer after about 10 years working towards it and getting a job that would transfer me.

I had also moved to NZ for a few years during that 10 years, moving to the US legally (if not his marriage or family) is hard, can take a long time and be expensive.

Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at alternatives ? Canada, NZ, Australia ?
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
I had a similar idea (except NYC) aged 21. My options were marry my USC GF (it sounds like that is not an option for you). Green card lottery, I was born in Germany (if you were born in non-NI UK not an option) and calculated my odds to be about 1:200, I was never picked. I ended up on an L1a transfer after about 10 years working towards it and getting a job that would transfer me.

I had also moved to NZ for a few years during that 10 years, moving to the US legally (if not his marriage or family) is hard, can take a long time and be expensive.
i was Hoping for the skilled trade visa route , and yes marriage to a US GIRL IS CERTAINLY out of the question, my wife to be would not be happy with that 😂, and I know this can get expensive and take a while but if employers where willing to employ me and I had a route to get there I’m going for it thanks Alan
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:02 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again alan
Do you have degrees in your given subjects? Also, have you ever visited California--north or south (they are very different)? Do you understand that it is an expensive place to live, with none of the kind of "safety nets" available in the UK? A lot of questions, but all relevant to helping you!
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have enough money to start your own business? That is one way to self-sponsor yourself.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i was Hoping for the skilled trade visa route , and yes marriage to a US GIRL IS CERTAINLY out of the question, my wife to be would not be happy with that 😂, and I know this can get expensive and take a while but if employers where willing to employ me and I had a route to get there I’m going for it thanks Alan
Which ‘skilled trade visa route’? Canada has a skilled trade visa route, but the US doesn’t have one called that. Specifically which visa are you thinking you may be eligible for?
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which ‘skilled trade visa route’? Canada has a skilled trade visa route, but the US doesn’t have one called that. Specifically which visa are you thinking you may be eligible for?
Mine is a time served qualification, not a uni degree , I’m fully aware there are no safety nets like in the U.K. , and visited California a few years ago drove north to south it was amazing, south is where I could really see myself and my family living
Old Feb 16th 2020, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is a time served qualification, not a uni degree , I’m fully aware there are no safety nets like in the U.K. , and visited California a few years ago drove north to south it was amazing, south is where I could really see myself and my family living
So which visa do you believe you might qualify for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.