Seeing if We have a chance

Old Feb 16th 2020, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeing if We have a chance

This is something that could be achievable in, say, 10 years with some side-stepping and diversions on your path. As others have said, maybe look into using your skills in another branch of the industry, get into a company with branches in the US who are known to regularly transfer people and hope that you are selected. It won’t happen overnight. But Rome wasn’t built in a day.

We left California for another state for a multitude of reasons. The biggest one being the cost of living and the amount of “living” we got, or didn’t get, for our costs. Tiny houses packed together with no yards for extortionate rents in the main cities. Petrol prices that were rising by the minute or so it seemed. Congested roads. Just the general quality of life seemed to be declining over time. As soon as the company mentioned a transfer to where we are now, I couldn’t get hold of a pen quickly enough to sign the paperwork to transfer. We have a nice big house with pool for the same price as they were asking for trailers in Southern California.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 11:00 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steph0scope
This is something that could be achievable in, say, 10 years with some side-stepping and diversions on your path. As others have said, maybe look into using your skills in another branch of the industry, get into a company with branches in the US who are known to regularly transfer people and hope that you are selected. It won’t happen overnight. But Rome wasn’t built in a day.

We left California for another state for a multitude of reasons. The biggest one being the cost of living and the amount of “living” we got, or didn’t get, for our costs. Tiny houses packed together with no yards for extortionate rents in the main cities. Petrol prices that were rising by the minute or so it seemed. Congested roads. Just the general quality of life seemed to be declining over time. As soon as the company mentioned a transfer to where we are now, I couldn’t get hold of a pen quickly enough to sign the paperwork to transfer. We have a nice big house with pool for the same price as they were asking for trailers in Southern California.
I agree with some of this - a lot of my work is moving people from California to Austin!
But the timeline of 10 years?? He's a very experienced technician with up to date skills in a fast growing sector. Dentistry is a relatively small industry but the digital technology he knows about is used a great deal in other areas. The medical field is a goldmine for this (I would personally look in this sector). For an L1 visa he only needs to be employed for 1 year in the UK to be eligible to transfer. There is no formal education /certification required in California (https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.g...phy=0604000001) so that is one big hurdle he won't have to get over. He will be manager level since that is what he does already and I'm assuming he can train people in the skills they need to do this.

As a side note- many dentists send their digital work to China ( because it's so much cheaper for them) and they have come completely unstuck in the last few weeks!! I'm guessing that they will be reluctant to continue with this.

Old Feb 16th 2020, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Always a good idea to diversify and I know many people are looking for more cost competitive locations with China getting more expensive, I have a feeling California will not be on that list anytime soon. There seems more an exodus, why operate in CA if you do not have to?
Old Feb 17th 2020, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Alanbmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Always a good idea to diversify and I know many people are looking for more cost competitive locations with China getting more expensive, I have a feeling California will not be on that list anytime soon. There seems more an exodus, why operate in CA if you do not have to?

also going to look into working remotely in my field of work , digital designs could be based anywhere and work while living in California
Old Feb 17th 2020, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I agree with some of this - a lot of my work is moving people from California to Austin!
But the timeline of 10 years?? He's a very experienced technician with up to date skills in a fast growing sector. Dentistry is a relatively small industry but the digital technology he knows about is used a great deal in other areas. The medical field is a goldmine for this (I would personally look in this sector). For an L1 visa he only needs to be employed for 1 year in the UK to be eligible to transfer. There is no formal education /certification required in California (https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.g...phy=0604000001) so that is one big hurdle he won't have to get over. He will be manager level since that is what he does already and I'm assuming he can train people in the skills they need to do this.

As a side note- many dentists send their digital work to China ( because it's so much cheaper for them) and they have come completely unstuck in the last few weeks!! I'm guessing that they will be reluctant to continue with this.
so my experience looks like it’s transferable, that’s looking like good news , having a manager looks like that’s going to help.
Old Feb 17th 2020, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alanbmx
also going to look into working remotely in my field of work , digital designs could be based anywhere and work while living in California
Exactly, so why would an Employer move you there?
Old Feb 17th 2020, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

From a quick look at Patterson Dental Supply website there appears to be several in office milling machines. The busier dental practice could have their own in house milling capability and bypass the lab. Is this limited to single crowns or can these machines mill larger units? Will this be a future problem for offsite labs?
Old Feb 17th 2020, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Exactly, so why would an Employer move you there?
would be better to have an employer but also going to look at options if I was making a living regardless of where I was living , I wonder what options that would give me because that could also be achieved. Just gathering all my information at the moment, thanks Alan
Old Feb 17th 2020, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Well the other option would be an Investment Visa, E2 or EB5.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You may well have problems getting a visa if you "can work anywhere".
Old Feb 18th 2020, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

So if you can work remotely why do you need to move to California? Why should a company spend thousands on legal fees and visa fees to get you a visa just because you want a change of scenery and warmer weather? What’s in it for the employer? And if it’s a job that can be done remotely I find it hard to believe that there’s no one in the US already that can do it. If the job can be done completely remotely and the employer is in Texas, for example, it doesn’t matter if the applicant is in Hawaii or Maine, or anywhere in between, that applicant won’t cost the employer a penny in legal and visa fees. Guess who they are going to pick?
Old Feb 18th 2020, 4:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your first step needs to be visa, then you can worry about training/certification. Did you see a visa route in the above Wiki links that you think you may be eligible for?
i was Hoping for the skilled trade visa route , and yes marriage to a US GIRL IS CERTAINLY out of the question, my wife to be would not be happy with that 😂, and I know this can get expensive and take a while but if employers where willing to employ me and I had a route to get there I’m going for it thanks Alan
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which ‘skilled trade visa route’? Canada has a skilled trade visa route, but the US doesn’t have one called that. Specifically which visa are you thinking you may be eligible for?
Mine is a time served qualification, not a uni degree , I’m fully aware there are no safety nets like in the U.K. , and visited California a few years ago drove north to south it was amazing, south is where I could really see myself and my family living
Alan, you have all the guidance you need in Christmasoompa's posts, but it seems as though you're not understanding. Which of the visa routes in the Wiki links do you think you might be eligible for? Choose one, or several, name them and then people can give you further information. Otherwise this thread will go the way of so many others, all around the houses and you'll be no further forward with your hopes of moving to California.

We have a saying on BE that is a time served qualification all on its own. To get good information, you have to give good information. Do the work. Explore the Wiki. See if there's a visa route/s you feel you meet the criteria for. Come back, identify those routes and ask focused questions.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 5:45 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , I’m a 34 manager at a digital dental laboratory 16 years experience (GDC registered) my soon to be wife is a qualified personal trainer and a qualified nursery teacher. We have an 18 month old daughter. Looked and read various post regarding visa applications, it’s a mine field , hoping to get some advice on USA visas , always loved the idea of living the California dream . (Like everyone else ) but would love to see if we even have a chance . Thanks for reading , total newby to the forum
thanks again alan
Not happening
Sorry Bud.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You may well have problems getting a visa if you "can work anywhere".
all things I have to read up on so any reply is helping me thanks Alan
Old Feb 18th 2020, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Alan, you have all the guidance you need in Christmasoompa's posts, but it seems as though you're not understanding. Which of the visa routes in the Wiki links do you think you might be eligible for? Choose one, or several, name them and then people can give you further information. Otherwise this thread will go the way of so many others, all around the houses and you'll be no further forward with your hopes of moving to California.

We have a saying on BE that is a time served qualification all on its own. To get good information, you have to give good information. Do the work. Explore the Wiki. See if there's a visa route/s you feel you meet the criteria for. Come back, identify those routes and ask focused questions.
i will be doing that and replying in here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.