Seattle INS office- to Raj Mann

Old Nov 26th 2001, 10:41 pm
Squidburger

Hi Raj Glad to hear you finally got your AP and EAD. We are still waiting for my
husband's to go through- filed ours with the AOS application in person in Seattle on
October 26. The various sites (Mike Udell's, kamya, immigration.com) all seem to
think that Seattle is processing the AP and EAD forms within 10-30 days, and so I
hope that your case was an exception. My husband Jon's passport EAD stamp runs out in
December, and he's working already on
it.I am really posting because I wanted to give you the best contact information.
Unfortunately when I tried to post directly in response to your 7/12 inquiry on
phone number information Google appeared to burp out everything between October 1
and April 8 of this year. The best consistent contact information for the Seattle
INS office is the email address [email protected]. I've verified this by checking
everything I can in the archives here at the newgroup and from personal
experiences posted elsewhere.

good luck Mary

Old Nov 27th 2001, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

mary (& raj),

i'm sure you've already seen my previous ead post on your hunt through the archives, but just to re-emphasize that my ead took 90 days, and then only because i visited the seattle offices in person and asked for the interim ead. i filed on august 6th, and have been given an official ead appt for december 18th. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. they're claiming september 11th as the reason for the backlog (despite my ead being due around the end of august according to their own statistics).

the good news is that [email protected], however unbelieveable, is in fact an unofficial email address for a staff member within the ins building who appears to have influence over scheduling appointments to a certain extent. i've received several emails from her, and although ultimately she was unable to help me within the 90 day wait period (due to her vacation), she did take the time to call me at home when she returned and ask if there was anything else she could do.

it appears not all ins staff are the same.

good luck! and i hope you have a better experience than i did.

miss kate
Old Nov 28th 2001, 12:29 am
Squidburger

Thanks, Miss Kate! I did indeed read your posts and I've written seains in hopes that
we can also get another temporary EAD stamp before his stamped one runs out in late
December. He is already employed and I don't want to end up with his employment in
jeopardy because this office is behind schedule.

Another gaffe- we only wrote one check for all the AOS stuff, upon the recommendation
of the Officer who accepted our AOS file. Now I read that it's probably not a good
idea since we can expect the AP and EAD long before the AOS. Don't know if we can do
anything about that at this stage- any suggestions? Maybe that merciful email checker
who makes appointments can help...

Mary

misskate <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 28th 2001, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

> Another gaffe- we only wrote one check for all the AOS
> stuff, upon the recommendation of the Officer who
> accepted our AOS file. Now I read that it's probably not
> a good idea since we can expect the AP and EAD long
> before the AOS. Don't know if we can do anything about
> that at this stage- any suggestions? Maybe that merciful
> email checker who makes appointments can help...

hmm mary, i can't really help here. i scribbled out a single cheque too, whilst balancing the book on my knee and holding up the line behind me, so if there is a problem doing it that way then i'm just as much in it as you are. maybe that explains the lengthy ead wait!

however, i remember reading a post where seattle ins called someone the day after they'd submitted a cheque for the wrong amount to ask for another one. and they cashed mine the day after i wrote it, so there can't have been *that* much wrong with it! but let me know if you find out anything!

miss kate