Originally posted by Cp
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get the reciept for the
I-485 from the San Francisco office? We mailed in the I-485, I-130,
and the I-765 in early June. They cashed our checks a few days later
but we have not got the receipt yet. Can we take our cashed checks to
the San francisco office for the intrium ead if we do not get any
notice after 90 days? Just starting to get nervous now. What do you
suggest?
We're in the same boat as you. Checks were cashed but we've heard nothing. It's been about five weeks since the checks were cashed, so I'm anticipating receiving something in the mail in the next week to 10 days.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: San Francisco I-485 receipt

Originally posted by Cp
suggest?
Our experience with my husband's San Francisco AOS filing was that we got our receipt with the notifications of appointments for the EAD/AP. For us, this came about 6 weeks after we submitted our AOS filing, and the appointments were about 45 days after we submitted the paperwork. We got no receipt prior to that time.

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering if the original poster had received anything from SF USCIS yet? We're nearing eight weeks and haven't gotten anything in the mail. We were expecting to see something after about five or six weeks but...nada.

Anyone?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Epitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to all
Smile Re: San Francisco I-485 receipt

Originally Posted by vivsavage955
I was wondering if the original poster had received anything from SF USCIS yet? We're nearing eight weeks and haven't gotten anything in the mail. We were expecting to see something after about five or six weeks but...nada.

Anyone?
From our experience it took about 6 weeks for the receipt and date of the biometrics/ead pick-up date. The time is varied but I would not worry until after about 60 days.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 2:51 am
Lance

Hello. It's been exactly six weeks since we filed for my wife and
nothing here either. Everything I'm gleeming from these boards say
that six weeks is the norm. In response to your question, the
original poster fell into the 6 week timeframe. I know this because I
asked her to email me when she got something back.

Please drop a post back here when you get a receipt notice or appt,
and I'll do the same. Hopefully, we both hear something back soon.
Thanks.

Lance

vivsavage955 <member5328@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > Our experience with my husband's San Francisco AOS filing was that we
    > > got our receipt with the notifications of appointments for the EAD/AP.
    > > For us, this came about 6 weeks after we submitted our AOS filing, and
    > > the appointments were about 45 days after we submitted the paperwork.
    > > We got no receipt prior to that time.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps!
    >
    > I was wondering if the original poster had received anything from SF
    > USCIS yet? We're nearing eight weeks and haven't gotten anything in the
    > mail. We were expecting to see something after about five or six weeks
    > but...nada.
    >
    > Anyone? :)

Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

CSC, have got better they email people now. Much better than TSC.
I wrote them a letter twice and got a response as well.

So, what I am saying it that you should hear something soon.

Originally Posted by Cp
suggest?
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lance
Please drop a post back here when you get a receipt notice or appt,
and I'll do the same. Hopefully, we both hear something back soon.
Thanks.

Lance
We got our notice and receipt just short of eight weeks after sending in our documents. Note the timeline below. Good luck!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by veryfunny
CSC, have got better they email people now. Much better than TSC.
I wrote them a letter twice and got a response as well.
We're all talking about the San Francisco District Office, not the CSC. But thanks for the update!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:49 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

We're all talking about the San Francisco District Office, not the CSC. But thanks for the update!
Cool. I am interested here also,,, mailed mine a little over a week ago. Are SF still mailing the receipt at same time as the notification for biometrics and EAD?
Patrick
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I mean't the local SF office.

Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Cool. I am interested here also,,, mailed mine a little over a week ago. Are SF still mailing the receipt at same time as the notification for biometrics and EAD?
Patrick
That was our experience. We received what looks like a cash register strip with records of our paid checks, as well as a general information form for the I-485 (i.e. what to bring to your interview). There's also a form which states the date for the biometrics, as well as a form notification for EAD/AP pickup.

-A
Old Sep 13th 2004, 3:20 am
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Patrick

So, it's basically been 8 weeks and still nothing for me. What's more troubling is the "updated" processing times on the BCIS site are the same as they were a month ago. Either the SF office forgot to update their dates, the dates are just wrong, or it's going to be a while longer for me and my wife. We are processing an AOS and are waiting for EAD and AP. We were hoping to take a trip out of the country in a few weeks, but it's looking really doubtful. It's also looking doubtful that my wife can start working in the next month or two.

Has anyone out there gotten a receipt notice or appt. date from SF recently? I'm starting to think they are on vacation for the summer... or a whole lot of people got married in July. I feel like I'm being kinda impatient here, but it would be nice to start moving on with our life. Thoughts or insight from anyone??

Last edited by lance99; Sep 13th 2004 at 3:31 am.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 5:21 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lance99
So, it's basically been 8 weeks and still nothing for me. What's more troubling is the "updated" processing times on the BCIS site are the same as they were a month ago. Either the SF office forgot to update their dates, the dates are just wrong, or it's going to be a while longer for me and my wife. We are processing an AOS and are waiting for EAD and AP. We were hoping to take a trip out of the country in a few weeks, but it's looking really doubtful. It's also looking doubtful that my wife can start working in the next month or two.

Has anyone out there gotten a receipt notice or appt. date from SF recently? I'm starting to think they are on vacation for the summer... or a whole lot of people got married in July. I feel like I'm being kinda impatient here, but it would be nice to start moving on with our life. Thoughts or insight from anyone??

Maybe more the point here would be is, is it just you that has not had any word after 8 weeks or is it the SF office in general that has slowed WAYYYY down,,, I was originally told 6 - 8 weeks is the norm for SF office to send out EAD and biometrics notice.

Maybe some of this slowdown is comng from the reassignment of cases to the California Processing Center, ALTHOUGH I was told originally also that my filing would stay in the SF office and would not be dealt with at all by the main service center.

So anyone else get EAD or biometrics with similar timeline as above i.e. checks cleared mid July?

Patrick
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:23 pm
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe more the point here would be is, is it just you that has not had any word after 8 weeks or is it the SF office in general that has slowed WAYYYY down,,, I was originally told 6 - 8 weeks is the norm for SF office to send out EAD and biometrics notice.

Maybe some of this slowdown is comng from the reassignment of cases to the California Processing Center, ALTHOUGH I was told originally also that my filing would stay in the SF office and would not be dealt with at all by the main service center.

So anyone else get EAD or biometrics with similar timeline as above i.e. checks cleared mid July?

Patrick
Finally, it has arrived! We got the notice of acceptance today (9/18). My wife can pick up her EAD/AD on 10/5. This is also the day of her fingerprint appointment. That makes the total time 11 weeks, which seems considerably slower than it used to be. Either way, we're excited to get things rolling. Hopefully, it'll be a little speedier for you.

Lance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.