RN to USA

Old Dec 30th 2018, 7:24 am
Just Joined

ICUnursey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RN to USA

Hi ,I've been on this forum for a few years now since I started my journey to the US. I've found a lot of helpful information ,so thank you everyone. I am an Adult RN and I'm with an agency who got me an employer who is applying for an EB3 for me. I have my NCLEX ,Visascreen and my I-140 has just been approved and I've just paid my Visa fee bill. The DS260 is being sent tomorrow. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get the letter which enables you to book your medical and interview date ? My Priority date is current .I've used the advice I've seen on here to get all my immunisations and police checks done in the last month .Any further advice or information would be appreciated.
Old Dec 31st 2018, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RN to USA

Originally Posted by ICUnursey
Hi ,I've been on this forum for a few years now since I started my journey to the US. I've found a lot of helpful information ,so thank you everyone. I am an Adult RN and I'm with an agency who got me an employer who is applying for an EB3 for me. I have my NCLEX ,Visascreen and my I-140 has just been approved and I've just paid my Visa fee bill. The DS260 is being sent tomorrow. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get the letter which enables you to book your medical and interview date ? My Priority date is current .I've used the advice I've seen on here to get all my immunisations and police checks done in the last month .Any further advice or information would be appreciated.
From the NVC completing my file on 31/3 the appointment was made by them for 31/5. Which agency are you with have you got a placement yet?

Old Dec 31st 2018, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Sarasota chic . I'm with Assignment America and yes I do have a job waiting. I'm waiting for NVC to let me know that they have received everything and to give me permission to book a medical and an interview date. A few months sounds doable. There is a lot of hurry up and wait in this process right? Are you still enjoying your job in Texas? I can hardly wait to be in your position but I get nervous every step I take closer to emigrating.

Last edited by ICUnursey; Dec 31st 2018 at 10:22 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 31st 2018, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarasota chic . I'm with Assignment America and yes I do have a job waiting. I'm waiting for NVC to let me know that they have received everything and to give me permission to book a medical and an interview date. A few months sounds doable. There is a lot of hurry up and wait in this process right? Are you still enjoying your job in Texas? I can hardly wait to be in your position but I get nervous every step I take closer to emigrating.
Yes it’s a case of waiting for months and then it go go go, we’re loving Texas the contract I have with O’Grady Peyton finished on January 20th, but I am taking a position at the same hospital I’m very pleased and looking forward to the new job.
Old Dec 31st 2018, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

I'm glad that you're so happy at your hospital that you've taken a job there. I have to get through immigration in the next few months , get a green card then start work. I've got a lot of work to do. I think small bites are the only way to get through this. Seeing you get through it all gives me hope . I'll wait to hear from NVC.
Old Dec 31st 2018, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

I'm glad that you're so happy at your hospital that you've taken a job there. I have to get through immigration in the next few months , get a green card then start work. I've got a lot of work to do. I think small bites are the only way to get through this. Seeing you get through it all gives me hope . I'll wait to hear from NVC.
Best of luck to you, where by the way will your assignment be?
Old Dec 31st 2018, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

It's in Oklahoma. Hope things don't change but I won't get attached to any place until I land in the US. Just remembering what you want through.