British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   RFE US Embassy London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/rfe-us-embassy-london-882879/)

bhavesh1984 Sep 5th 2016 12:29 pm

RFE US Embassy London

Hi everyone,

I applied for as an E2 Applicant earlier this year in July. As I have written on here before Im now in the situation where the embassy has asked for additional documentation. My RFE documents will reach there tomorrow 6th September. My question is how long does it take generally after submission to get an interview date?

Thanks
Bhavesh

gwensvilla Sep 5th 2016 12:34 pm

Re: RFE US Embassy London

My friends rfe took 10 days

bhavesh1984 Sep 5th 2016 12:39 pm

greta thanks for the quick reply really hope it works out for me. This whole process has taken well over 6 months. Our lawyer hasn't really been that good and very laid back approach

bhavesh1984 Sep 14th 2016 4:56 am

Hi everyone,

the lawyer representing my case got an email from the embassy saying they are ready for my interview and have requested some date of when i will be available. please see below the email I received from my lawyer:

'Hello Bhavesh,

In the e-mail they are specifically asking you to be flexible. We can indicate that you request them to schedule an interview as soon as possible as you need to get this operation going and your absence is keeping everything on hold but asking for the week as you have stated without any objective evidence of your non-availability for the rest of the period within the next 90 days is not proper. You have to be courteous and accommodative as much as possible. They have already told that they will not be able to accommodate your request. If you are not accommodative and if the officer is a ‘bone head’ he will give you exactly in 90 days.

Therefore, my strong advise for you is to inform them your non-available dates within the next 90 days. You may want to have evidence when you make this request of your non-availability days'

As I do want to get an appointment asap I requested for an interview any day between 23rd-30th September but my lawyer is saying that time frame is to specific. I do indeed want to get this done asap as its been a long process and I want to get started in the US.

My question is do I need to provide them with the dates that I am NOT available and they will give me a date when they are free to interview me and how long did you have to wait for your interview time. Any feedback would be appreciated as always.

Thanks
Bhavesh

Noorah101 Sep 14th 2016 5:34 am

Yes, you need to tell them which days you are NOT available, and why you are not available those days (i.e. work commitment, prior appointment) and make sure you can show evidence. Give them the days you are NOT available within the next 90 days.

Since they have already said they can't do Sept 23 - 30, I would expect the interview to be sometime after October 1, but no more than 90 days from now.

Rene

bhavesh1984 Sep 14th 2016 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12051597)
Yes, you need to tell them which days you are NOT available, and why you are not available those days (i.e. work commitment, prior appointment) and make sure you can show evidence. Give them the days you are NOT available within the next 90 days.

Since they have already said they can't do Sept 23 - 30, I would expect the interview to be sometime after October 1, but no more than 90 days from now.

Rene

Thanks Rene for the reply will do what is required accordingly let's hope it works out for me.

Thanks
Bhavesh