British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Returning on 15th September..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/returning-15th-september-684056/)

PoppetUK Sep 4th 2010 2:34 pm

Returning on 15th September.....

Not very many sleeps to get things sorted. Scared and excited.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......

Mummy in the foothills Sep 4th 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Returning on 15th September.....

:thumbsup:

PoppetUK Sep 4th 2010 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 8825957)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......

Oh my goodness. I'm feeling like hubby and I need something to look forward to. His favourite guitarist is playing on 28th Sept 20 mins from where we are moving back to. He'll be so chuffed if I get him tickets....... we've not done anything like that since being pregnant with our first child!!!!

bettyboo67 Sep 4th 2010 3:49 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......

Just been reading your other post about not being able to move back so a little confused....are you moving back or going back for a holiday?

quoll Sep 4th 2010 8:23 pm

Good for you Poppet and family! You certainly dont hang around do you? Good luck with it all!

PoppetUK Sep 4th 2010 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by bettyboo67 (Post 8826145)
Just been reading your other post about not being able to move back so a little confused....are you moving back or going back for a holiday?

Well it was finances that really was holding us back from a decision. Both hubby and I have health problems and reaching the point that I was losing it emotionally we decided it wasn't worth it. I will miss here and my friends but I really couldn't take the thought of being here for a couple of years longer. Of course I'll worry I'm making a mistake but if we stayed I think I was close to a break down. We've kind of been preparing for the move so hopefully we can sort out a few things in the short time. I want to get back and get my health back on track and the kids into school. It's hubby that is going to have to adjust. He also has to be back by the end of sept. He's 2 years through a msc. It's a rolling course and this is his last chance to finish year 3 as if he didn't take a break.

Fingers crossed it all works out. Thanks for all the support.

Poppet

bettyboo67 Sep 5th 2010 6:14 pm

Good luck to you, wish I could make the decision let alone get organised and back in such a short space of time. :thumbup:

PoppetUK Sep 6th 2010 2:56 am

Originally Posted by bettyboo67 (Post 8828028)
Good luck to you, wish I could make the decision let alone get organised and back in such a short space of time. :thumbup:

Thank you. :)

Knocking one thing over at a time!!! Rather be stressed for 10 days. Going to get screwed by the property manager. I can feel it!!!!!

Pencilled in for shippers to come Monday / Tuesday.

The big one is to sell things. Car, fridge / freezer, gas heater, car seats.... Breathe. It will work.

I'm looking forward though to getting back and getting my health sorted or at least managed with some support around me, hubby and kids....

karenD Sep 7th 2010 7:12 am

Just landed back myself on the 5th :thumbup:

Yes, scary, exciting...and totally worth it! Just stick to your lists of 'things to do' and take deeps breaths!:eek:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......

alipally Sep 7th 2010 10:16 am

Just wanted to wish you all the very best with your move back home:thumbup:

bithbheo Sep 7th 2010 1:54 pm

Good luck and hope all goes well...:thumbsup: We will be heading back to the top end of the world come march :D

Adelia Sep 7th 2010 3:52 pm

All the best to you Poppet! Some lovely fresh air in the UK countryside is just what you need and it won't be long now.

Adelia

Rebster Sep 7th 2010 6:46 pm

Congratulations! :thumbup:

PoppetUK Sep 7th 2010 11:04 pm

Thank you everyone. I'm really exciting and quite enjoying the process to :) been a long time coming. Might be stressful towards the end of the week. It does feel easier than the 1st we moved internationally. Not all those new experience feelings :)

brits1 Sep 8th 2010 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 8826613)
Well it was finances that really was holding us back from a decision. Both hubby and I have health problems and reaching the point that I was losing it emotionally we decided it wasn't worth it. I will miss here and my friends but I really couldn't take the thought of being here for a couple of years longer. Of course I'll worry I'm making a mistake but if we stayed I think I was close to a break down. We've kind of been preparing for the move so hopefully we can sort out a few things in the short time. I want to get back and get my health back on track and the kids into school. It's hubby that is going to have to adjust. He also has to be back by the end of sept. He's 2 years through a msc. It's a rolling course and this is his last chance to finish year 3 as if he didn't take a break.

Fingers crossed it all works out. Thanks for all the support.

Poppet

P....just take each day as it comes and try not to look back......and look on it as another adventure...one where you will do certain things differently than when you last lived in the U.K.....if say you went to Asda to do all your shopping and it was around the corner to where you use to live...then go to a different supermarket chain....if you never did visit the next town nearest to you...go and see what you might of been missing....we have settled in a different area....and so far we are really enjoying ourselves....anytime we have spare we try and do something a bit different.....and you do not always have to be rich to do that either....bus,coach and train can be very cheap if you book in advance or look up "specials"...even if it's to the next village,town...City etc....we have visited parks we have not been to in years...towns we have heard of and not very far and now visited....we explore here like we did when we arrived in Aus.....try to think positive and you should be fine....your coming back to nice weather...Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year is around the corner...all the "German and Christmas Markets" will be here......take care and all the best.....