British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Retirees May Help Cut Immigration Delay (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/retirees-may-help-cut-immigration-delay-505774/)

abir007 Jan 13th 2008 4:23 am

Retirees May Help Cut Immigration Delay

Couple of news article:

Retirees May Help Cut Immigration Delay

Agency Acts to Cut Delay in Gaining Citizenship

:lol: :thumbsup:

alect Jan 13th 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Retirees May Help Cut Immigration Delay

Originally Posted by abir007 (Post 5780045)

:thumbsup: - would be nice if their demands for all applicants for citizenship before Oct 2007 be adjudicated by Jul4 were met so that we can vote this year.

Just Jenney Jan 13th 2008 3:03 pm

Very interesting -- thanks for posting. As good as this sounds, though, I'm not too confident that it will have any real impact. Here's why (emphasis added):

From the AP story:

"Citizenship and Immigration Services is deciding how to begin hiring the retirees, spokesman Chris Bentley said. Agency Director Emilio Gonzalez told Schumer last month the agency has identified 704 retirees, 469 of whom are in "adjudication-related positions." Gonzalez also said the agency has a plan for dealing with the application increase to be shared soon. Linda Springer, director of the Office of Personnel Management, said Citizenship and Immigration Services estimates it needs 2,500 additional employees over the next few months to meet workload demands."

In other words: Too little, too late. :thumbdown: After bungling the passport application backlog last year, they should've seen this coming and prepared for it in advance, not after the fact. Why they didn't is beyond me...

~ Jenney

alect Jan 13th 2008 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark (Post 5781506)

In other words: Too little, too late. :thumbdown: After bungling the passport application backlog last year, they should've seen this coming and prepared for it in advance, not after the fact. Why they didn't is beyond me...

~ Jenney

I agree - cause = incompetence and other/misaligned priorities

Aycee Jan 13th 2008 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by abir007 (Post 5780045)

Thanks for posting the links. Any piece of positive news is very welcome!

N400 to TSC 26 July 2007
NOA 26 Nov 2007
FP(1) 17 Dec 2007
FP re-do appointment 22 Jan 2008

abir007 Jan 13th 2008 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark (Post 5781506)

~ Jenney

This seems like another propaganda to show they are “being creative and doing something about it!” As you said ... Too little, too late and chances for us voting this year is not looking good.