Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Reschedule - Immigration visa interview at Mumbai

Reschedule - Immigration visa interview at Mumbai

Old Dec 20th 2022, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

ivanbaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Reschedule - Immigration visa interview at Mumbai

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has gone through the following situation and what's the process to reschedule an interview. I called the Mumbai embassy couple of times and emailed them too, but they do not provide me with accurate info. Every time I called and got different information. Any help would be appreciated -

My parents went for a medical examination and during that the physician mentioned to my mom that she needs to go through an additional test. The result of the test will take approximately 2 months hence, she needs to reschedule her interview for March 2023. Meanwhile, my dad's medical examination was completed without any issues. However, he would like to reschedule his interview with my mom as well for the next year.

Here are my questions -

1. How can I reschedule both of their interviews as their current interview date is approaching very soon (end of Dec 2022)?
2. Do I have to wait for NVC to send me a new interview date?
3. Do I expect to have a letter before their current interview date?
4. How can I reschedule the date for my dad since he can go alone but he prefers to go with my mom?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 20th 2022, 6:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reschedule - Immigration visa interview at Mumbai

The best thing to do is NOT reschedule the interview date. Go to the interview and when it's discovered that more information is needed, the interviewing officer will place the case on hold until they receive the document, then will continue processing.

It's very hard to reschedule such an important date.

Rene
Old Dec 20th 2022, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

ivanbaba is an unknown quantity at this point

But the physician told my mom to reschedule an interview since her medical exam will remain pending until further testing is done. The rest results will take 2 months time.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 8:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanbaba
But the physician told my mom to reschedule an interview since her medical exam will remain pending until further testing is done. The rest results will take 2 months time.
That is simply the physician's advice... not set in stone. We don't have too many people from outside the UK here anymore who can advise on Bombay specifically. If out were me, If go to the interview. The choice is yours. Rene
Old Dec 21st 2022, 3:33 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That is simply the physician's advice... not set in stone. We don't have too many people from outside the UK here anymore who can advise on Bombay specifically. If out were me, If go to the interview. The choice is yours. Rene
Your answers strike me as probably correct. But it’s been a long time since I did visa work. Also, consulates may vary in procedures and sometimes change their practice.

Also, I’ve noted that posters here often seek information from the wrong places and/or trust misinformation from incorrect sources.