Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Requesting specific appointment dates?

Wikiposts

Requesting specific appointment dates?

Old May 19th 2010, 3:28 am
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future
Default Requesting specific appointment dates?

My husband is currently in Iraq and will be home on leave in July, he spoke to USCIS this morning and they said they are going to do everything they can to schedule and appointment for when he is on leave, has anyone ever heard of this or had any experience of this? If so could you please tell me if it worked?

Many thanks

Old May 19th 2010, 3:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requesting specific appointment dates?

Originally Posted by Dudette
My husband is currently in Iraq and will be home on leave in July, he spoke to USCIS this morning and they said they are going to do everything they can to schedule and appointment for when he is on leave, has anyone ever heard of this or had any experience of this? If so could you please tell me if it worked?

Many thanks

I assume this is an appointment for your AOS interview? I have not heard of USCIS working around someone else's schedule, but since he's active military, it might happen. We don't see TOO many spouses of US Military on the forum, so your experience will be valuable here, please post back and let us know how it works out.

Rene
Old May 19th 2010, 3:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

I only remember one such case. He was about to ship out to the Middle East and they wanted to get her AOS interview done before he left. I recall they had help with this but don't recall off hand if it was an attorney or a congress person who assisted.
Old May 19th 2010, 3:47 am
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Thanks for the input, my hubby called USCIS this morning, he said the guy was really helpful and that he was going to get in touch with Tampa office and put in the request. Sorry yes it is for the AOS, I should have been more specific. I will definately keep you up to date on what happens with this.
Old May 19th 2010, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

As they have been contacted in advance of a date being set, I think you'll be just fine.
Old May 19th 2010, 3:55 am
Dragon with a Wagon

Originally Posted by Dan725
As they have been contacted in advance of a date being set, I think you'll be just fine.
Dan,

I really like you hahaha, you're so positive about things, I really like that. I think we'll just wait and see what Tampa says, no point getting our hopes up.

Is Tampa a really busy office, do you know?
Old May 19th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, not so sure about positive all the time! However, of late USCIS does seem to have better gotten its act together by all accounts.

The Tampa office is one of the major ones in the country, yes - but dare I say it, they do seem to be pretty well organized.

I didn't have trouble at any point through my whole citizenship process, apart from it taking double the current processing time (2-3 years ago they just about doubled the price overnight on a lot of things, which resulted in a huge rush and resulting backlog). Nowadays things are back on schedule timewise.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I found the person I was referring to. "hopelessinks"

Here is a list of her threads for you to read:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=2128674
Old May 19th 2010, 6:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I found the person I was referring to. "hopelessinks"

Here is a list of her threads for you to read:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=2128674
Hopeless Inks! She was so nice.

Rete, the internal search links don't work. The user's link is here though http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=27936 and you can search her posts for the outcome.

Dudette, you could also look for the special military members hotline for USCIS; they might be helpful in getting the interview scheduled for when he is at home. Alternatively, you may be able to attend alone.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:37 am
Concierge

Yes, Hopeless In KS was a very sweet lady with lots and lots of problems. The last time I spoke with her a few years ago she had a reoccurrence of cancer. Her husband was given a brief furlough to come back and speak with the doctors and be with her for the surgery.

Hmmm they worked for me ;-(

Last edited by Rete; May 19th 2010 at 6:43 am.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, Hopeless In KS was a very sweet lady with lots and lots of problems. The last time I spoke with her a few years ago she had a reoccurrence of cancer. Her husband was given a brief furlough to come back and speak with the doctors and be with her for the surgery.

Hmmm they worked for me ;-(
PS about the links.. yes, you're the only one they work for though. You have to use a google search link if you want others to see it.

That's terrible news about her health.. which reminds me of someone else I have been meaning to msg & you may have been in touch with her.... will PM.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:56 am
Dragon with a Wagon

I will try those links in google, thanks

The guy my Husband spoke to said he would try his best to help, especially as we have a maximum 3 week window this year that's it, otherwise it's next year some time. Oh how I love the whole immigration process, so glad our little guy is too young to know what's going on hahaha.

Thanks again everyone for your input
Old May 19th 2010, 8:40 am
Dragon with a Wagon

Wow, she got that all done in a little over 2 months that's great! I hope mine goes as smoothly, well I can wish hahaha
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:02 am
Dragon with a Wagon

I got an email today from CRIS, saying I need to make an INFOPASS appointment to tell them the reason I need to book a specific date, they said on the email that it was an interview appointment, it was just an appointment to tell them why I needed certain dates.

Question though, can I cancel an appointment with INFOPASS if I want or need to without there being a penalty?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I got an email today from CRIS, saying I need to make an INFOPASS appointment to tell them the reason I need to book a specific date, they said on the email that it was an interview appointment, it was just an appointment to tell them why I needed certain dates.

Question though, can I cancel an appointment with INFOPASS if I want or need to without there being a penalty?
Yes, you can cancel an Infopass appt with no penalty.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.