Renewing my H1B - question

Old Aug 26th 2014, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing my H1B - question

Hi All,

Its been a while, but my H1B is due for renewal. My Electronic I94 shows that its valid till 10/1/2014. My I129 Petition has just been approved till 10/1/2017. However, I have a question.

I have a vacation to Mexico on 10/4 for one week. My Visa in the passport is the original dated valid till 10/1/2014.

Do i need to book a re-stamping or anything else before hand? The below thread is the cloest I could find when searching for the answer:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...h1b-h4-838290/

From what I can gather, is its not needed? But really look for some help. Any advise from anyone

Thanks in advance

Xathras
Old Aug 27th 2014, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing my H1B - question

Originally Posted by xathras
Hi All,

Its been a while, but my H1B is due for renewal. My Electronic I94 shows that its valid till 10/1/2014. My I129 Petition has just been approved till 10/1/2017. However, I have a question.

I have a vacation to Mexico on 10/4 for one week. My Visa in the passport is the original dated valid till 10/1/2014.

Do i need to book a re-stamping or anything else before hand? The below thread is the cloest I could find when searching for the answer:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...h1b-h4-838290/

From what I can gather, is its not needed? But really look for some help. Any advise from anyone

Thanks in advance

Xathras
Yes, you can benefit from automatic revalidation and do not need a new visa if you do as described.

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil.../auto_reva.pdf
Old Aug 27th 2014, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information. If i was to travel to France for example, I take it i would need to arrange to have the new visa in my passport? Do i need to go to an embassy to do this or can i submit in the US?
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way to renew the visa within the US. You can apply at any US consulate except if you have had a past denial or this is a new employer, in that case you have to apply at your home country.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I guess next time I am flying to Europe I will book an appointment. Is that just a matter of filling a new DS-160, making the appointment, attending and waiting a few days to get it back? Or will they issue the new one immediately?

Last edited by xathras; Aug 27th 2014 at 11:15 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

You go through the same process as you did to get the H1B visa in your passport the first time. Fill the form, make an apt, go for the interview and get your passport sent back to you.