Renewal of L2 EAD/AOS

Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:04 am
Just Joined

rk164 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal of L2 EAD/AOS

I currently have an L2 and EAD which I am using to work. The EAD is due to expire in June of this year.

The lawyer filed the I-140, I-485 and EAD/AP for myself and spouse at Nebraska in January. The receipt notice has not yet arrived. I am somewhat concerned about whether my EAD will get renewed in time, having heard about other peoples experiences at Nebraska even after 90 days.

Can I additionally apply to renew my EAD under category (a)(18). This is the category which I used for my current EAD, it would mean filing at a different service center (California) and may get processed quicker than Nebraska? Are there any negative effects of doing this?

Thanks in advance

rk164
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of L2 EAD/AOS

You aren't supposed to be able to file for a new EAD more than 120 days before the current one expires so that's probably the hold up if your current one doesn't expire for another 4 plus months (ie more than 120 days).
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of L2 EAD/AOS

Originally Posted by rk164
I currently have an L2 and EAD which I am using to work. The EAD is due to expire in June of this year.

The lawyer filed the I-140, I-485 and EAD/AP for myself and spouse at Nebraska in January. The receipt notice has not yet arrived. I am somewhat concerned about whether my EAD will get renewed in time, having heard about other peoples experiences at Nebraska even after 90 days.
You heard bad experiences of people getting EADs from the Nebraska Service Center on the basis of an I-485?