Remove conditions greencards

Old Sep 16th 2018, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

xhuyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remove conditions greencards

Hi all,

My friend and her children got their condition greencards and it's now time to apply for the removal of the condition. She just got a confusion about the time to apply for the removal of the condition on her children's greencards. They are 2.5 and 4.5 years of age.

The problem is that her children got their greencards 4 months after hers. Their case was an AOS through marrige, on the day of the interview, she was told that her children's files were not there for the interviewing lady to approve therefore they needed to request their files to be sent to her to be approved (strange!!! All application were filed the same day and the receipts were all dated the same day). She was approved on the day of the interview, then one month later my friend got her card but her children's ones arrived 4 months later (after 2 times of enquiry with USICS, their reason was that their application was still in processing time frame, you just have to wait).

According to USCIS website, she has to file the removal of condition for her children separately due the 4 months apart of issuing date. She's been asked around and been advised differently by immigration agents. Some say she has to file 3 different applications due to the different times of greencards issue date, some say she should include her children in her application since their cases totally depending on her case.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced the same situation?

Thanks.

Last edited by xhuyx; Sep 16th 2018 at 5:20 am.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remove conditions greencards

USCIS website vs 'immigration agents' - tough choice.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 6:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The only Brit friend that I knew of personally who came with his daughter on an CR-1 had a different date on his green card for expiration then his daughter did. They both had to apply separately.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xhuyx
Hi all,

My friend and her children got their condition greencards and it's now time to apply for the removal of the condition. She just got a confusion about the time to apply for the removal of the condition on her children's greencards. They are 2.5 and 4.5 years of age.

The problem is that her children got their greencards 4 months after hers. Their case was an AOS through marrige, on the day of the interview, she was told that her children's files were not there for the interviewing lady to approve therefore they needed to request their files to be sent to her to be approved (strange!!! All application were filed the same day and the receipts were all dated the same day). She was approved on the day of the interview, then one month later my friend got her card but her children's ones arrived 4 months later (after 2 times of enquiry with USICS, their reason was that their application was still in processing time frame, you just have to wait).

According to USCIS website, she has to file the removal of condition for her children separately due the 4 months apart of issuing date. She's been asked around and been advised differently by immigration agents. Some say she has to file 3 different applications due to the different times of greencards issue date, some say she should include her children in her application since their cases totally depending on her case.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced the same situation?

Thanks.
According to the I-751 instructions, if the children got their conditional permanent residence (i.e. the "resident since" date) within 90 days of the parent, they can be included on the same I-751 form; and if they got it more than 90 days after the parent, they must each file their own I-751s. 4 months is more than 90 days, so from your description they will need to file 3 separate I-751s.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newacct
According to the I-751 instructions, if the children got their conditional permanent residence (i.e. the "resident since" date) within 90 days of the parent, they can be included on the same I-751 form; and if they got it more than 90 days after the parent, they must each file their own I-751s. 4 months is more than 90 days, so from your description they will need to file 3 separate I-751s.
I would bet good money that you got that from the USCIS website. I'm going to hazard a guess that the OP's friend read that too.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

xhuyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your reply, I guess we will have to file 3 different applications to be safe, the applications will also have to be filed 4 months apart since you're only allowed to apply within 90 days before the expiry.

It's kinda ironic that in the I-751 instructions, USCIS makes a big deal by requiring a full explanation why you have to apply for the children separately from the parents.

We'll try again by booking an appointment with USCIS field office and ask them directly. We'll see how it goes.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Include a photocopy of your I-751 with each of the children's I-751.