Removal of Conditions Questions

Old Apr 16th 2001, 12:35 am
Jennifer & Matthew

Next month will be our 1 year anniversary. We expect to have a conditional
greencard around August or September of this year. So at what point would we remove
the conditions? 1 year and 9 months after our marriage.. or after the date you get
your stamp??

Reading from the K1 FAQ:

"A..When your passport is stamped with the I-551 at the adjustment of status
interview, the stamp has the AOS approval date written on it. Your 2 year conditional
period begins with that date. Ninety (90) days prior to the end of the conditional
period, you and your US Citizen spouse will apply together for a removal of the
"conditional" status by filing form I-751 together as a married couple."

I've heard some say 90 days before your second anniversary and i've heard what I read
on the K1Faq page. If this is the case as above, wouldn't that conflict with him in
the timing becoming a citizen? I'm just getting confused about it because its getting
closer by the day, and I want to be prepared for what is going to happen sometime in
the future.

Regards,

Jennifer

Old Apr 16th 2001, 12:42 am
Alvena Ferreira

See this URL: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/I751.html You apply for removal of
conditions when you are within 90 days prior to the expiration date on the 2-year
greencard. alvena

Jennifer & Matthew wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 16th 2001, 12:49 am
Jennifer & Matthew

Thanks ;o)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Next month will be our 1 year anniversary. We expect to have a[/usenetquote2]
conditional
[usenetquote2]> > greencard around August or September of this year. So at what point[/usenetquote2]
would
[usenetquote2]> > we remove the conditions? 1 year and 9 months after our marriage.. or[/usenetquote2]
after
[usenetquote2]> > the date you get your stamp??[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Reading from the K1 FAQ:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "A..When your passport is stamped with the I-551 at the adjustment of[/usenetquote2]
status
[usenetquote2]> > interview, the stamp has the AOS approval date written on it. Your 2[/usenetquote2]
year
[usenetquote2]> > conditional period begins with that date. Ninety (90) days prior to the end of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the conditional period, you and[/usenetquote2]
your US
[usenetquote2]> > Citizen spouse will apply together for a removal of the "conditional"[/usenetquote2]
status
[usenetquote2]> > by filing form I-751 together as a married couple."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I've heard some say 90 days before your second anniversary and i've[/usenetquote2]
heard
[usenetquote2]> > what I read on the K1Faq page. If this is the case as above, wouldn't[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> > conflict with him in the timing becoming a citizen? I'm just getting confused[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about it because its getting closer by the day, and I want to[/usenetquote2]
be
[usenetquote2]> > prepared for what is going to happen sometime in the future.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jennifer[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 16th 2001, 1:06 am
Grinch

"Jennifer & Matthew" <[email protected]> kissed her large picture of Lassie and
wrote

>
conditional
    >
    >
after
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
status
    >
    >
    >
US
    >
status
    >

The faq is correct.

Grinch

Old Apr 16th 2001, 3:06 am
Daisy

You want to file to remove the conditions three months before your anniversary that
you got your stamp. NOT your wedding anniversary.

Daisy

>
conditional
    >
    >
after
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
status