removal of conditions I-751

Old May 29th 2001, 8:00 am
patrick

hello, My wife and I jointly filed I-751 to remove the conditions on my card. the
application was recd. by the service center in Jan. and my conditional status was
extended for a year. we have been married for over 3 years, as things have not turned
out the way we expected we have decided to go our seperate ways. she will move out of
our house and move to a different state. as this is a amicable parting of ways, she
has consented to remain married for immigrations purposes. However, I am afraid the
I-751 interview will be a year from now and that she might change her mind and file
for a legal seperation/ divorce. we filed I-751 with plenty of supporting
documentation such as tax returns, ownership of cars, bank statements etc. Here are
my questions:

--what happens to me if we sign a seperation agreement before the INS decides my
I-751? (on the date we signed form 751 we were a married couple)

--what are the chances of being called for an interview? I filed with VSC and live in
Washington, DC.

any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated!! my e-mail address is
[email protected]

ps: I have plenty of supporting documentation that this was a "real" marriage

Old May 29th 2001, 11:52 am
Fishy Baby

Out of interest, how long did it take for VSC to send you an extension of
your status?

I've sent my Removal of CS forms in nearly 2 months ago and still no reply. My green
card expires 22nd June... How quickly did VSC reply to you. (I'm in Baltimore.. howdy
neighbour).

Jo

>
the
    >
status
    >
have
    >
ways.
    >
a
    >
    >
year
    >
seperation/
    >
tax
    >
    >
    >
decides
    >
    >
    >
and
    >
    >
    >
address is
    >
    >
    >
marriage

Old May 29th 2001, 12:27 pm
paulgani

We live near Baltimore too:

01-24-01 Sent I-751 to VSC via. Fedex 2nd Day 01-26-01 VSC receives I-751 01-30-01
NOA Receipt Date 02-02-01 VSC mails NOA 02-05-01 Received NOA (extension) in mail

So, it was pretty quick.

Paulgani

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > hello, My wife and I jointly filed I-751 to remove the conditions on my[/usenetquote2]
card.
    >
[usenetquote2]> > application was recd. by the service center in Jan. and my conditional[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > was extended for a year. we have been married for over 3 years, as[/usenetquote2]
things
    >
[usenetquote2]> > not turned out the way we expected we have decided to go our seperate[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > she will move out of our house and move to a different state. as this[/usenetquote2]
is
    >
[usenetquote2]> > amicable parting of ways, she has consented to remain married for immigrations[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > purposes. However, I am afraid the I-751 interview will be[/usenetquote2]
a
    >
[usenetquote2]> > from now and that she might change her mind and file for a legal[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > divorce. we filed I-751 with plenty of supporting documentation such as[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > returns, ownership of cars, bank statements etc. Here are my questions:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --what happens to me if we sign a seperation agreement before the INS[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > my I-751? (on the date we signed form 751 we were a married couple)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --what are the chances of being called for an interview? I filed with[/usenetquote2]
VSC
    >
[usenetquote2]> > live in Washington, DC.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated!! my e-mail[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected][/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ps: I have plenty of supporting documentation that this was a "real"[/usenetquote2]
    >