Removal of Condition

Old Jan 30th 2001, 11:41 pm
Asitava Jana

February,1997: Got married(I foreigner, wife citizen) October,1997: Applied for permanent
residency at New Orleans (Moved to Florida in June,1998) September,1998: Got interviewed
and passport stamped for permanent residency September,1999: Got passport stamped
again(never received the green card) at New Orleans July,2000: Applied for removal of
condition at Texas Service Center; got receipt valid for working till July'2001 Now our
lawyer found out that we are going to be interviewed at Jacksonville, Florida. What is
involved in this kind of interview? My wife is a full time mother to our new born. Does
she need to show any affidavit of support? I work but my job is uncertain. Do we need a
lawyer for the interview. I need to have a work permit before this july. Will I be be
given one? Any enlightenments are appreciated.

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:31 pm
Marjeta Cedilnik

Don't worry!

I don't know if they need any affidavits, but if they do, your wife can include your
income, since you have lived together for more than 6 months.

How will INS know that your job is "uncertain"? You can just show them your past W-2's,
and they will see that you were able to support yourself in the past. Bring the last 2
paystubs, so that they'll see you still have a job.

Besides that, they want to see that you're still married. Bring lots of stuff that shows:
joint property, joint bank accounts, same address and stuff like that. Don't forget
pictures that show the two of you together.

Kids are a plus. Bring a picture of the happy couple with the newborn.

Good luck! Marjeta

Asitava Jana wrote:
>
> February,1997: Got married(I foreigner, wife citizen) October,1997: Applied for
> permanent residency at New Orleans (Moved to Florida in June,1998) September,1998: Got
> interviewed and passport stamped for permanent residency September,1999: Got passport
> stamped again(never received the green card) at New Orleans July,2000: Applied for
> removal of condition at Texas Service Center; got receipt valid for working till
> July'2001 Now our lawyer found out that we are going to be interviewed at Jacksonville,
> Florida. What is involved in this kind of interview? My wife is a full time mother to
> our new born. Does she need to show any affidavit of support? I work but my job is
> uncertain. Do we need a lawyer for the interview. I need to have a work permit before
> this july. Will I be be given one? Any enlightenments are appreciated.

--
Marjeta Cedilnik [email protected] No situation is so bad that it couldn't be solved with
a decent miracle. Nobena situacija ni tako zavo"zena, da je ne bi mogel re"siti en
po"sten "cude"z.