Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

Wikiposts

Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

USCIS Office of Fraud Detection and National Security substantiated the perception based upon experience that the immigrant religious worker classification has a high rate of fraud. This same perception exists for the nonimmigrant R-1 classification
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsre...raud_Jul06.pdf
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

So one third they could prove were fradulent, and of the remaining some were not and some were not provable.

I am shocked!

But amusing that you set in a category that has fraud potential written all over it and then are surprised when you find it.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
So one third they could prove were fradulent, and of the remaining some were not and some were not provable.

I am shocked!

But amusing that you set in a category that has fraud potential written all over it and then are surprised when you find it.
But a third ...seems awfully high ...
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:08 am
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

Originally Posted by Ray
But a third ...seems awfully high ...
But then 2/3 are not fraud, so the majority are OK
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:12 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolf
And 50% of the people you know are below average.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:16 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised the Jedis haven't taken off over here? Well not literally, that would involve X Wing fighters with impulse drives, but you know what I mean...
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolf
Actually no, 2/3 they could not prove, so they might just be a bit cleverer.

What was the name of the hook guy in UK, eventually got deported. Always struck me as the one to go for if I was looking for such a thing.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'm surprised the Jedis haven't taken off over here? Well not literally, that would involve X Wing fighters with impulse drives, but you know what I mean...
I put that I was a Jedi on my last UK census. Should I admit it to the USCIS as a crime of moral turpitude?
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cinnabar
I put that I was a Jedi on my last UK census. Should I admit it to the USCIS as a crime of moral turpitude?
Did you get a reduction on your Rates?
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Did you get a reduction on your Rates?
Nah. I was one of the (mostly) law-abiding two-thirds. No benefit frauds for me. I slipped up.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:55 am
Account Closed

If you are, not quite sure why there would be a problem.

Old enough to remember at school that if you tried anything other than C of E, RC and maybe at a pinch Jewish, then that was a CIMT punishable by detention.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you are, not quite sure why there would be a problem.

Old enough to remember at school that if you tried anything other than C of E, RC and maybe at a pinch Jewish, then that was a CIMT punishable by detention.
That's the point, I said I was Jedi but I'm not really. I'm morally turpitudinous.

There again, how many people tick the C of E box and they're not really that either. I suppose it's no worse.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

That's the point, I said I was Jedi but I'm not really. I'm morally turpitudinous.

There again, how many people tick the C of E box and they're not really that either. I suppose it's no worse.
If it worries you, you could convert?

http://www.starwarsselect.com/conventions.html
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

fathermike is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Religious Worker Benefit Fraud Assessment Summary

Originally Posted by Ray
USCIS Office of Fraud Detection and National Security substantiated the perception based upon experience that the immigrant religious worker classification has a high rate of fraud. This same perception exists for the nonimmigrant R-1 classification
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsre...raud_Jul06.pdf
Ray you can come to church in Clearwater and check up on me any Sunday you want. Its not too far to drive from your neck of the woods.

Father Mike
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:13 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by fathermike
Ray you can come to church in Clearwater and check up on me any Sunday you want. Its not too far to drive from your neck of the woods.
Father Mike
I have already !!!! I parked next to your Mercedes
and on the golf course the other days of the week ...