Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regular Processing at US Embassy London

Regular Processing at US Embassy London

Old Mar 1st 2021, 7:36 am
Just Joined

dwl715 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regular Processing at US Embassy London

With the immigrant visa ban (pp 10014) lifted last week, but lockdown still in place in the UK, anyone have any thoughts when the London embassy might resume processing other than the limited emergency/health/NIE based they are doing now?
Old Mar 1st 2021, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Kerih is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regular Processing at US Embassy London

Hi

I’ve just joined as I was trying to get some information regarding processing times in London.

I’m no authority on it but I’m guessing it depends on the type of visa. We submitted an E2 visa application in the first week of December 2020 and are still waiting to be contacted. We just had an email three days ago (after chasing) saying that they are now processing applications from the first week of October.

It appears there is a backlog for all visas and even after processing and we are contacted for an appointment, it may take several months to get a date booked.

Hope this gives an idea and fingers crossed someone else will post.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

dwl715 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regular Processing at US Embassy London

That's really helpful, thanks. We're an EB1A which was ready to schedule around the same time. The proclamation 10014 limited the issue of the immigrant visa, but that's lifted now so just waiting for a date. They were doing them in about 2 weeks pre covid!