Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Philadelphia seems very safe and I would recommend them.

New Orleans RC is very opaque and when I spoke with the principals and I found their responses totally unsatisfactory.

I am with Seattle. IMO we are in a multi-year depression and I am going to either have a big loss or be invested for a very long time. I have spoken to others (value investors) who think buying property in the current dip will work out alright.

Jay Peak - I resisted due to personal bias. I wont have anything to do with the sking business.

Regards

Last edited by cranston; Jan 12th 2010 at 10:04 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

John
basically they need to see that your investment is real!
thats why most of the time this is a conditional green card. Once you have satisfied uscis of the investment, most investors if not all have their conditional green card replacement with a perm one
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cranston

I have spoken to others (value investors) who think buying property in the current dip will work out alright.

Regards
I didnt think you could invest in property as part of the EB5
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
I didnt think you could invest in property as part of the EB5
Yup ..Seattle I thing was mainly office building
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Ray your a Star!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranston
Philadelphia seems very safe and I would recommend them.

New Orleans RC is very opaque and when I spoke with the principals and I found their responses totally unsatisfactory.

I am with Seattle. IMO we are in a multi-year depression and I am going to either have a big loss or be invested for a very long time. I have spoken to others (value investors) who think buying property in the current dip will work out alright.

Jay Peak - I resisted due to personal bias. I wont have anything to do with the sking business.

Regards
Cranston Thanks very much. I have a little bit more faith in the skying business and might give it a try. I suggest that all of us will get back to this forum with some feedback on how it went.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

I invested in Phase one at Jay Peak.

Phase 1 is the 57 suite hotel that opened in December. Details of phase 2 are available on the web.

We are very happy with the Jay Peak EB5 programme and with the backing of the Governor and State Senator it is one of the "real" EB5 programmes that you can see and touch.

Obviously, it is up to the individual to pick which programme they feel most comfortable with. I know from personal experience at JP that I would definitely recommend this Regional Centre but as I have not experienced any others I am of course biased.

I think it was Warren Buffet who said something along these lines "If I dont understand it I dont invest in it"

Good luck with which ever one you decide to go with.

Porvera
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Povera,

Thanks for the feedback which is clearly helpful for the decision process.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:38 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by porvera
I invested in Phase one at Jay Peak.

Phase 1 is the 57 suite hotel that opened in December. Details of phase 2 are available on the web.

We are very happy with the Jay Peak EB5 programme and with the backing of the Governor and State Senator it is one of the "real" EB5 programmes that you can see and touch.

Obviously, it is up to the individual to pick which programme they feel most comfortable with. I know from personal experience at JP that I would definitely recommend this Regional Centre but as I have not experienced any others I am of course biased.

I think it was Warren Buffet who said something along these lines "If I dont understand it I dont invest in it"

Good luck with which ever one you decide to go with.

Porvera
Hi
Please excuse me for asking as im new to the E5 , after you have got the permanent green card ,at what stage do you get your money back or is it a case you have bought a stake in JP
thxs
Trev
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

There is no set timetable for the funds to be returned.

It is estimated that this could be 3 years from initial investment but of course it could be 5 years or possibly never. It all depends on how well the hotel does.

In theory we (the investors in phase 1) could start to receive income from the hotel as early as next month. This to me would be a bonus.

No, I have no relationship to Jay Peak other than my EB5 investment.

If possible I would recommend carrying out your due diligence and if possible visiting the regional centre that you want to invest in. I did and would not have invested 500K without doing so.

Porvera
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

almondcooky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the process of learning what it takes to become a regional center. I'd like to know from an investor point of view if there are any particular industries that you want to invest in. Or is the emphasis primarily on job creation so you can remain in the US and the industry isn't that important.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by almondcooky
I'm in the process of learning what it takes to become a regional center. I'd like to know from an investor point of view if there are any particular industries that you want to invest in. Or is the emphasis primarily on job creation so you can remain in the US and the industry isn't that important.
Research!
establish your own center that will address the major concerns that most investors have - including rate of return and exit strategy. All investments have risk - the one good thing about the EB-5 is that your risk is minimised (but not eliminated) - especially with a well established center.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

almondcooky is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is an authoritative assessment of the EB-5 program via a Senate Hearing.
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings...ng.cfm?id=3998
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent link.

I think this will give a lot of potential investors and the simply curious a better insight to the EB5 visa.

Porvera
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:30 am
Just Joined

mattrogers is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a lot of options to consider when selecting an EB5 Visa Program (just like any other investment), and a lot of important questions to ask yourself.

One major difference between many of the centers is the scale of projects that they are undertaking. Some are looking to raise a few million dollars or even less in some cases, while some of the bigger Regional Centers are looking to raise amounts in the hundreds of millions. If these smaller centers are successful at raising their funds quickly, then their projects can start on time and finish on time which means that the necessary jobs are created on time and you are one step closer to getting your permanent residence (and your return on investment). With the larger scale projects, it is a much longer fund raising procedure and thus a longer turn around to finish the project and get your residence.

Matt Rogers

Last edited by meauxna; Feb 6th 2010 at 6:53 pm. Reason: remove URL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.