Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Old Mar 11th 2010, 1:06 am
Just Joined

DanTheFanMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Originally Posted by mattrogers
There are a lot of options to consider when selecting an EB5 Visa Program (just like any other investment), and a lot of important questions to ask yourself.

One major difference between many of the centers is the scale of projects that they are undertaking. Some are looking to raise a few million dollars or even less in some cases, while some of the bigger Regional Centers are looking to raise amounts in the hundreds of millions. If these smaller centers are successful at raising their funds quickly, then their projects can start on time and finish on time which means that the necessary jobs are created on time and you are one step closer to getting your permanent residence (and your return on investment). With the larger scale projects, it is a much longer fund raising procedure and thus a longer turn around to finish the project and get your residence.

Matt Rogers
i suppose that's one way to look at it. seems like plenty of the larger projects have been as or more successful than the smaller ones, no?

the link provided a couple of posts above is indeed an excellent resource.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

To add to my previous posts on this subject. We received our first income cheque from Jay Peak last week.

I have not heard of any other EB-5 projects actually paying out any money, so this is encouraging news. This income has been generated by the Hotel in phase 1 of the JP EB-5 programme, which is where our funds are invested.

Baring in mind the hotel only opened end of December, this is impressive stuff and inline with projected return on investment. Without divulging the actual amount, I would say that it looks as though our investment will give us a better return than if it was sat in a bank account.

Porvera
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

vivian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John K.
Fawny,

Thank you! It is so good to get info from people who have real experience
Im also choosing EB5 projects. it would be helpful if more prior investors can provide the real experiences.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Fawny is an unknown quantity at this point

Total time for us from writing the Cheque to Embassy appointment was 18 months, loads of paperwork and questions. Cheque comes each month, has done right from the beginning,nothing exciting but it all helps. We are with the Seattle programme. All worth it in the end, life is good here.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vivian
Im also choosing EB5 projects. it would be helpful if more prior investors can provide the real experiences.
hi vivian,

the link that applecooky provided to the eb-5 extension senate testimony on the previous page really is a great resource. in particular look to the testimonies from stepen yale-loher and william stenger as they are quite factual insight to some of the established eb5 projects.

i believe you have already seen 2 responses in this forum where people describe they have received ROI payments from jay peak and seattle sodo projects.

i have found that the established projects will usually allow you to speak with previous investors after they give the o.k. so use your due diligence and call, call, call!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:27 am
Just Joined

vivian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DanTheFanMan
hi vivian,

the link that applecooky provided to the eb-5 extension senate testimony on the previous page really is a great resource. in particular look to the testimonies from stepen yale-loher and william stenger as they are quite factual insight to some of the established eb5 projects.

i believe you have already seen 2 responses in this forum where people describe they have received ROI payments from jay peak and seattle sodo projects.

i have found that the established projects will usually allow you to speak with previous investors after they give the o.k. so use your due diligence and call, call, call!
Thank you for the reply, DanTheFanMan!!
I am thinking about Jat Peak, I'm looking for anyone invested in phase I.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vivian
Thank you for the reply, DanTheFanMan!!
I am thinking about Jat Peak, I'm looking for anyone invested in phase I.
maybe porvera can chime in on their experience? i'm sure you could probably find additional posts via search.

call the general partners for the projects or at least someone from the regional center itself. it might take a couple of days to get a call back but you'd be talking to the head guy at least.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

I have posted quite alot on our EB-5 experience.

How long it took and general advice from an investors point of view.

If you do a search on my postings you will find this information or probably if you do a search on EB-5 you will find more information and postings.

Ultimately it is your money you are investing, so do your research, visit if possible. There are many organizations, lawyers etc offering advice but it is YOUR money, not theirs.

There are potential risks involved, so do your due dilegence as best you can and as I said above it is YOUR money at stake no one else's.

Good luck

Porvera
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

tomy29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see there is a small community out here discussing EB-5. I tried doing a search for one of the regional centers I was considering (CMB). However, nothing came up within the forum.

Does anyone have any exposure or thoughts on them? CMB stands for California military base.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomy29
Good to see there is a small community out here discussing EB-5. I tried doing a search for one of the regional centers I was considering (CMB). However, nothing came up within the forum.

Does anyone have any exposure or thoughts on them? CMB stands for California military base.
I have briefly looked into CMB but cannot say much about it as our immigration lawyer (based in California and not related to Jay Peak) recommended Jay Peak. We have after due considerations invested in Jay Peak Phase II and received I 526 approval recently, 4 months after filing the petition.

Obviously we are now curious as to the next steps which will be consular interview etc.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Probably of interest
https://eb5info.com/system/resources...pdf?1279016258

and more

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/0...d-project.html

Last edited by Ray; Jul 17th 2010 at 1:26 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

sophiebrebner is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband is going to Seattle in October to look at the Safeco Fields project. We are thinking initially going over on E3 visas as we are Australian citizens and then changing to EB5. We will have to sell our family home to finance EB5 so it is a big leap and a gamble for us. I would do EB5 now but my husband for some silly reason thinks we should do our homework first!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophiebrebner
I would do EB5 now but my husband for some silly reason thinks we should do our homework first!!!!!
You must be prepared to lose everything you invest. If you can't afford it, I suggest you don't gamble.

Ian
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You must be prepared to lose everything you invest. If you can't afford it, I suggest you don't gamble.

Ian

yep. my view on this (IMHO) is that its buying a green card, only. done.voila.
Its not a true investment. As with real 'venture capitialists' they look at investments more shrewdly and not only look at the ROI (rate of return) but also to recoup the initial investment back within 5 years
No regional center anywhere can offer this.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:53 am
Just Joined

sophiebrebner is an unknown quantity at this point

We understand we will be essentially be buying Green Cards (5 in our case so it seems pretty cheap) and not to expect our money back, but it is really making sure we will get the conditions lifted. With the great Australian property boom the 500K is about half of the equity in our home so we do have a nice cushion, but it is still a big decision to make.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.