Refused visitors visa.

Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refused visitors visa.

We've been inviting my best friend from Egypt to come and visit us here in the US for years.
He finally applied to the US Embassy in Cairo... it cost him 650 le (about $140)... and he got refused a visa!!

This guy fills in all the criteria for a visitors visa... with bells and whistles....
They had absolutely no reason to refuse him... but they did!!!
It seemes the bad-tempered woman at the embassy interviewed him for less than 2 minutes....then refused him!!

Does any Egyptian ever get granted a visitors visa to the US??? :
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:29 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused visitors visa.

Originally Posted by mamasue
This guy fills in all the criteria for a visitors visa
Apparently, the consular officer did not agree.

They had absolutely no reason to refuse him... but they did!!!
They don't need a reason. If they are not convinced he will abide by the terms of the visa, they will not issue it.

Does any Egyptian ever get granted a visitors visa to the US??? :
Yes. 31,873 nonimmigrant visas were issued in Cairo in 2010. Almost 28,000 of those were issued to visitors.

Egyptians have a 31.3 % refusal rate for 2010.

Last edited by crg; Jul 24th 2011 at 5:09 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy fills in all the criteria for a visitors visa.

They had absolutely no reason to refuse him
Begs the question as to what those criteria are, and they would have told him why he was refused.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY10.pdf
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:05 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Good link. I have a theory about why the Canadian refusal rate is so high. Would anyone else like to put out a theory?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Originally Posted by crg
Would anyone else like to put out a theory?
No idea. But it sucks to be from Andorra.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Good link. I have a theory about why the Canadian refusal rate is so high. Would anyone else like to put out a theory?
Presumably the only reason why a Canadian would ever apply for a B visa would be because they were for some reason ineligible to visit the US without a visa. This would suggest that all Canadian applicants for B visas had some kind of ineligibility issue that they had to overcome which could explain the rather high rejection rate.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Begs the question as to what those criteria are, and they would have told him why he was refused.

OK... this guy has a successful business in Egypt....he owns a large busy furniture store.
Owns 2 apartments
Has a wife and 2 small children
Has more than sufficient funds, of which he showed proof
Went to Germany 2 years ago, and returned at the allotted time.
I've heard of Egyptian Christians being refused because they often claim asylum due to so-called persecution from muslims, but this guy's a muslim.
I can't think of any more bells or whistles!

Last edited by mamasue; Jul 24th 2011 at 11:19 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:32 am
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by md95065
Presumably the only reason why a Canadian would ever apply for a B visa would be because they were for some reason ineligible to visit the US without a visa. This would suggest that all Canadian applicants for B visas had some kind of ineligibility issue that they had to overcome which could explain the rather high rejection rate.
That's what I was thinking. Ineligible Canadians don't require a visa and the consulates in Canada generally won't issue a visa to a Canadian even if they require a waiver.

Most of the time a Canadian will submit the waiver application at a border crossing and then return to Canada to wait for the decision. The waiver is issued on a standalone document that they present when they cross and they get an I-94.

That doesn't work for Canadians who reside outside of Canada because they can't easily get to a border crossing so they get a visa.

So that huge visa refusal rate is due to ineligible Canadians in need of a waiver who may have the added problem of residing in a country that may not have the high standard of living, stability, and opportunity as Canada leading to concerns about immigrant intent.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:47 am
Account Closed

OK... this guy has a successful business in Egypt....he owns a large busy furniture store.
Owns 2 apartments
Has a wife and 2 small children
Has more than sufficient funds, of which he showed proof
Went to Germany 2 years ago, and returned at the allotted time.
I've heard of Egyptian Christians being refused because they often claim asylum due to so-called persecution from muslims, but this guy's a muslim.
I can't think of any more bells or whistles!
I did not know these were the factors that were crucial in deciding whether or not to issue a visa.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:52 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting thread from a couple of years back. Read it to the end.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
An interesting thread from a couple of years back. Read it to the end.

Folinsky, thanks so much for the link... very interesting.
Another friend, a journalist for Egypt's top newspaper told me to tell my friend to apply again....it seems, reading the thread, that's definitely the way to go.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

After reading this thread and the other one I wonder how a my daughter (a full-time student) would demonstrate sufficient ties with her home country if she ever wanted to visit me in the US on a visitor visa. By their nature, students don't have assets, jobs etc that tie them down.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by superkruz
After reading this thread and the other one I wonder how a my daughter (a full-time student) would demonstrate sufficient ties with her home country if she ever wanted to visit me in the US on a visitor visa. By their nature, students don't have assets, jobs etc that tie them down.
Why does she need a visa?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:55 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superkruz
But she could show papers that she has enrolled in classes for the next term, and a copy of her agreement for student housing for that year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.