Refused entry and returning...

Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused entry and returning...

Originally Posted by kins
The official repeatedly told me that I couldn't come into the country. I repeatedly told him that I had done everything by the book and that my documents were valid.

He asked why I was flying into Seattle when all my docs were issued in Connecticut. I said truthfully that I had just moved from Connecticut to Seattle.

He asked why I hadn't got my AP doc reissued in Seattle. I said because a) it took the INS (as it was then) months to move a file from one office to another and b) because there was no need to because the doc was completely valid as it was.

Eventually I think I bored him into letting me into the country...
we went on a cruise and returned to Galvestone (AP docs issued n TX!) and our officer thought we'd have to "go back" (not sure where to as we'd spent a week on a ship) because our AP docs had already been stamped once and he didn;t think we were allowed multiple entries on one doc <sigh>...30 mins later and it was all sorted!