Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry

refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:18 am
Just Joined

sureshp_2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry

I got student visa of london on 28-oct with my spouse dependent visa but
We was refused entry on nov 18 to the UK(heathrow airport).I already take admission and pay fees to LTC College Noth . At immigration time I know college is closed before 10 days. immigration officer refuse our entry . and made me buy my ticket, and return on the same day. the
student visa had a 'cancelled' stamp on it and for the reason there is a
dash.
They said I would get all the copies of the
paperwork when I boarded the plane, along with my passport, but I only
received my passport back and no paperwork.
How I refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

UrsTX is on a distinguished road
Default Re: refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry

What fees do you want to have refunded? I don't think you can get a refund for fees for the visa or the flights. If it's for the school, you'll have to contact the school itself - or - if it is closed then you'd probably have to sue for the money.

Good luck!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sureshp_2003
I got student visa of london on 28-oct with my spouse dependent visa but
We was refused entry on nov 18 to the UK(heathrow airport).I already take admission and pay fees to LTC College Noth . At immigration time I know college is closed before 10 days. immigration officer refuse our entry . and made me buy my ticket, and return on the same day. the
student visa had a 'cancelled' stamp on it and for the reason there is a
dash.
They said I would get all the copies of the
paperwork when I boarded the plane, along with my passport, but I only
received my passport back and no paperwork.
How I refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry.
COntact the UK Immigration service and ask them why you were refused.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:20 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: refund my fees and the reason for refuse entry

I wonder if it's one of those bogus colleges? I've never heard of it. Apparently hundreds of them have been set up purely for student visas to be issued but no such college exists. They are usually a scam to get around immigration laws, the "colleges" make vast sums of money for 'course fees' and the 'students' disappear into the black economy once they arrive in the UK.

Perhaps the immigration officer got wind of this? Also the O/P has poor English, which may have been another red flag?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle460571.ece

http://www.journal-online.co.uk/arti...g-the-loophole

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...reducation.uk2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/8113558.stm
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:00 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I wonder if it's one of those bogus colleges?
It's got a web site, not of course that is much to go by.

http://www.ltccollege.com/contact.htm