Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)

Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)

Old May 24th 2010, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

okalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really nice
Default Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)

Howdy folks!

This past weekend I FINALLY received my new greencard. But that wasn't just any greencard it's the newer one!! Pretty high tech, I must say. It comes with an RFID chip (like the ones used for passports) and comes with an aluminum-foiled-inside envelope "to prevent wireless communication"

By the way, my case was approved 4/30/2010 and card production was ordered the same day. However, card production was ordered AGAIN on 5/10/2010. If you look at the card, it shows that date for the expiration (10 years from production date). I wonder if card production was ordered twice due to the transition between designs.. Others with 2 card productions usually were only hours apart, while mine was 10 days apart.

So for future reference, the 2nd card production is the actual one (unlike what the misinformation line folks said). I truly appreciate everyone's help!

I've posted my timeline in my signature

EDIT: signatures don't allow more than 4 lines, so here's my timeline. (I purposely wrote "I-751 waiver" in the title to assist others searching for waiver cases)

1/22/2010 Sent I-751 Waiver to VSC
1/24/2010 I-485 Touched
1/26/2010 NOA1
2/05/2010 ASC Appointment Notice
2/19/2010 Biometrics
2/22/2010 I-751 Touched
4/10/2010 I-765 Touched
4/30/2010 Card Production ordered (الحمد لله )
5/05/2010 Received Approval Notice
5/10/2010 Card Production ordered (again?!)
5/21/2010 "Approval notice sent" email
5/22/2010 Card Received
Attached Thumbnails Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)-img_8651.jpg  

Last edited by okalian; May 24th 2010 at 10:41 pm.
Old May 24th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)

My DH will be getting one of those soon. Congrats on the Waiver.
Old May 25th 2010, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by okalian
Howdy folks!

This past weekend I FINALLY received my new greencard. But that wasn't just any greencard it's the newer one!! Pretty high tech, I must say. It comes with an RFID chip (like the ones used for passports) and comes with an aluminum-foiled-inside envelope "to prevent wireless communication"

By the way, my case was approved 4/30/2010 and card production was ordered the same day. However, card production was ordered AGAIN on 5/10/2010. If you look at the card, it shows that date for the expiration (10 years from production date). I wonder if card production was ordered twice due to the transition between designs.. Others with 2 card productions usually were only hours apart, while mine was 10 days apart.

So for future reference, the 2nd card production is the actual one (unlike what the misinformation line folks said). I truly appreciate everyone's help!

I've posted my timeline in my signature

EDIT: signatures don't allow more than 4 lines, so here's my timeline. (I purposely wrote "I-751 waiver" in the title to assist others searching for waiver cases)

1/22/2010 Sent I-751 Waiver to VSC
1/24/2010 I-485 Touched
1/26/2010 NOA1
2/05/2010 ASC Appointment Notice
2/19/2010 Biometrics
2/22/2010 I-751 Touched
4/10/2010 I-765 Touched
4/30/2010 Card Production ordered (الحمد لله )
5/05/2010 Received Approval Notice
5/10/2010 Card Production ordered (again?!)
5/21/2010 "Approval notice sent" email
5/22/2010 Card Received
Hi Okalian,CONGRATS AGAIN MAN Sorry I had to cancel that lunch , but hey we can go another time. That card is pretty neat! I want one too LOL. Again, I am very happy for you man. Now count the days till your N-400 :-) I am on 123 days :-)
Old May 25th 2010, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

okalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really niceokalian is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Received newly-designed Green card! (I-751 Waiver)

Originally Posted by milan79
I am on 123 days :-)

I'm eligible in 2 years 6 months and 13 days.. or 928 days away, thats all! I I looked it up and it's actually a Friday, a working day for USCIS, so they'd better start working on it that day :P

Time passes quickly though..

For those who became citizens: What's after citizenship? how does it feel, and how fast does the excitement go away ? I'm asking because they day i received my 10-year greencard, I couldn't wait to open the envelope and kept staring at the card for quite some time! Now I feel somewhat normal again I think for N400 will be different because lots of things come with it, especially using a totally new passport! Let's wait and see, God Willing.

At the end of the day, it's always exciting to be waiting on something. There's sweetness in that struggle of patience

I truly hope lostlove, notkim, alina97, totally_broken and everyone in such position will all hear great news very soon, through His Mercy. Amen.
Old May 25th 2010, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What's after citizenship?
Mostly... satisfaction!

If I may, I'd like to repeat something that was quoted during my Oath Ceremony (from George Mardikian's Song of America): "You who have been born in America, I wish I could make you understand what it is like not to be an American -- not to have been an American all your life -- and then suddenly with the words of a judge in flowing robes to be one, for that moment and forever after. One moment, you belong with your fathers to a million dead yesterdays -- the next you belong with America to a million unborn tomorrows."

To be honest, I still get a bit teary-eyed when I read this!

Ian
Old May 25th 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I truly hope lostlove, notkim, alina97, totally_broken and everyone in such position will all hear great news very soon, through His Mercy. Amen.
Congrats to you! Thanks for your wishes.
Old May 25th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

That's very sweet Ian. I agree with Okalian. There's always something to be excited about. Same thing goes for me, I-765 very excited, first GC soo excited, 10 year green card super excited. Now the wait for N-400 extremely excited LOL. Getting my test grade today and found out I got an A also very excited.Isn't life all about the excitement Best wishes to everyone including: Notakim, Lostlove, Alina97, totally,broken and on and on. Milan
Old May 25th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!

Interestingly, I received 2 approval notices (I-797) a day apart (5/11 & 5/12) saying that I'd been approved LPR status & that my Permanent Resident Card would follow within 3 weeks. Your explanation above of the change of technologies may explain that

Out of interest & given the apparent increased levels of security now attached with these cards, did you receive your Green Card in the regular mail or did it come by courier? Mine hasn't arrived as yet but going by your timeline above, it'll hopefully be here soon

CD