Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Reapplying for the same visa - questions

Reapplying for the same visa - questions

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

firehawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reapplying for the same visa - questions

well unfortunately, nothing i can do there
so basically im stuck? I do have the crime report number... thats all i have. that is provided by the police with their letterheads
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firehawk
well unfortunately, nothing i can do there
so basically im stuck?
I don't understand...why is it not possible for you to write a brief account of what happened?

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

So start writing.

Regards, JEff
as for the written documentation... I do not have any of that.
you will need to provide a written account documenting the loss of your passport and visa
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

ok, sorry. I thought you meant "official" documents from the authorities.

I have printed out an email which I sent that shows I am asking them to cancel the visa and the reason for it. They also replied and acknowledged that too telling me they have now marked it as being stole and cancelled it and that I should make another appointment to start a new visa application.

I have this email and printed it all out.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 12:11 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks S Folinsky.
Ethnicity shouldn't matter but for the record I was born and raised in the UK but have a far middle eastern decent. Stayed in the UK my whole life.
I am a law obiding citizen of the UK and do the same for other countries, especially the US and would never jepordise anything to risk me not being able to go there for business and pleasure thus I followed and did exactly what the london US Embassy website said to do, and its plain common sense, to cancel the visa and reschedule an interview.

same thing with my british passport, which now I have a brand new one.
I think I may have been misunderstood. Back in the '90's, I used to travel to East Asia a lot. As a caucasian, my US passport was pretty secure. However, an American of Asian [Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc] was more likely to have their passport stolen simply because the pic in the document was more likely to look like the people in the market for fake documents.

In Africa, an African-American was more likely to have his passport "liberated."
Old Dec 4th 2013, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

So the visa is approved.
they didn't ask for the 2"x2" photos?

so how would they add the picture to the visa?

also previously it was a 10 year visa. Would the same be?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Almost certainly, yes. It would be very unusual if not, unless perhaps it's considered a re-issueance of the previous visa and has the same expiration date as that visa.

Regards, JEff
So the visa is approved.
... previously it was a 10 year visa. Would the same be?
Old Dec 9th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

I picked up the passport this morning. They issued me a 10 year visa so that's great.
One thing I noticed. This does not have the line "Clearance received on [Date]" where as the stolen one did.

what does this mean?! *freaking out*
Old Dec 9th 2013, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

what does this mean?
It means nothing.

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2013, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

care to elaborate?
why was it there on the other one and not this one?
Old Dec 9th 2013, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

care to elaborate?
I doubt any of the laymen on this forum would know the answer to that. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2013, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've no idea - except perhaps the other one needed clearance of some sort and this one didn't. What does it matter? You got the visa and it's valid. I'm at a loss to understand why you're "*freaking out*"!

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:53 pm

This is the first time you've mentioned anything about "Clearance". Before we can make a WAG about why your new visa does not have this notation, perhaps you should tell us why the original visa did have it.

As I frequently have to remind questioners, if you want to receive good information you have to provide good information.

Regards, JEff
I picked up the passport this morning. They issued me a 10 year visa so that's great.
One thing I noticed. This does not have the line "Clearance received on [Date]" where as the stolen one did.