Really Need Some Input..

Old Apr 16th 2001, 9:52 am
raebear

Am I glad I was finally able to get onto this newsgroup!! I've had problems with my
newsgroup server but finally made it today and won't bore you with the details.

I've been sorting through the 1,700 plus posts but haven't been able to find anything
exactly on point.

My fiance and I commenced the I129F process on February 9, 2001. Everything has been
processed in record time through the Laguna Niguel Service Center. He already has the
K-1 packet in hand. We seem to be the only couple in the world now trying to slow the
process down. His 11 year old daughter is having more difficulty with the prospect of
his move from Australia to the U.S. than we anticipated she would. We would like to
give her more time to adjust to his big move. My questions are these:

1. Is it possible to obtain an extension of time on his original K-1 application?

2. If so, what is the best way to approach it?

3. And if so, is it better to extend the time before or after issuance of the
fiance visa?

Any and all assistance would be fervently appreciated.

Old Apr 16th 2001, 10:04 am
Weekday54

>

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

This doesn't answer your question, but what kind of man abandons his child? What
could possibly be more important than parenting his child? How could you marry such a
man and possibly make kids with him? The child is obviously upset that her father is
leaving her. Just curious as to why a woman would want a man like this.

Old Apr 16th 2001, 10:18 am
Moretakitty

Whoa...before we go jumping on the situation, realize that we don't know the
circumstances. And honestly it is not our business.

--
Keep smilin' Moretakitty
    >

>
child?
    >
you
    >
upset
    >
a
    >

Old Apr 16th 2001, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

have you check into marrying in australia and then doing dcf(direct consular filing)? you would have to travel there and get married but it may take less time and you could do it once everyone feels ready
Old Apr 16th 2001, 10:40 am
raebear

Thank you, so much. I JUST found information re this process and it does indeed look
like the way for us to go. Really appreciate your help.

smldnabjp wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 17th 2001, 2:23 am
Jonathan_ATC

So, uh, no one should ever get a divorce and if they do, the kids should go with both
parents? Can't be done unless they both live in the same house. Kind of negates the
reason for the divorce if they can still live together.

Get a life, Weekday. Also, learn to post at the BEGINNING of the quoted post. Most
everyone has read the original post and doesn't need to be scrolling all the way
through it again to get to your little "gems".

--
Jonathan _/ _/ _/ _/ K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration through to Adjustment of Status
http://clik.to/getk1 K-1 & Adjustment of Status Links Page
http://clik.to/K1andAOSLinks Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Arnaldo and Alvena's
Fiance Visa Page http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ Immigration and Naturalization
Service http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
child?
    >
you
    >
upset
    >
a
    >

Old Apr 17th 2001, 10:06 am
Alvena Ferreira

Bear in mind, the approval notice is valid for 120 days. In addition to that, the
consulate may extend the approval notice for another 120 days by law, upon your
request with a notarized letter of intent. that gives you a total of about 8
months. If it takes longer than that for him to get her settled down, maybe you
both should re-think this process. You can find a sample letter of intent here:
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/consul.html (this url will also have a link
to the 9FAM consular law that tells that the consulate has the authority to do
this) alvena

raebear wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 17th 2001, 10:28 am
raebear

Thanks so very much for your input. The DCF process is a great safety net as a backup
plan, but we are both hopeful that with a little more time, his daughter will grow
more comfortable with becoming a significant part of our lives here in the U.S., and
that traversing the distance will not seem so overwhelming to her. Your suggestion is
the solution we were hoping to discover. Again, our thanks. - Rae

Alvena Ferreira wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Am I glad I was finally able to get onto this newsgroup!! I've had problems with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my newsgroup server but finally made it today and won't bore you with the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > details.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I've been sorting through the 1,700 plus posts but haven't been able to find[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anything exactly on point.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My fiance and I commenced the I129F process on February 9, 2001. Everything has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > been processed in record time through the Laguna Niguel Service Center. He[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > already has the K-1 packet in hand. We seem to be the only couple in the world[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > now trying to slow the process down. His 11 year old daughter is having more[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > difficulty with the prospect of his move from Australia to the U.S. than we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anticipated she would. We would like to give her more time to adjust to his big[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > move. My questions are these:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 1. Is it possible to obtain an extension of time on his original K-1[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > application?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2. If so, what is the best way to approach it?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2. And if so, is it better to extend the time before or after issuance of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > fiance visa?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any and all assistance would be fervently appreciated.[/usenetquote2]