really frustrated with the SSA

Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default really frustrated with the SSA

Okay about a month ago or so my husband went in with my passport, old SS card, and our marriage license, to change the name on my SS card. They looked at everything, took the old card, and told him they'd send it to us.

I called the SSA today to find out what the deal is, and was told that they hadn't done anything at all in the system. The only thing they had was that my old card was issued a few years ago. The nice lady suggested we go back to that office and find out what happened with the whole thing. My husband went back there for me today, and they basically just told him that he was lying, and hadnt ever submitted the application, and that they could do nothing without the original card... but they TOOK the original card last month!!

Help!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: really frustrated with the SSA

Originally Posted by andrea874
Okay about a month ago or so my husband went in with my passport, old SS card, and our marriage license, to change the name on my SS card. They looked at everything, took the old card, and told him they'd send it to us.

I called the SSA today to find out what the deal is, and was told that they hadn't done anything at all in the system. The only thing they had was that my old card was issued a few years ago. The nice lady suggested we go back to that office and find out what happened with the whole thing. My husband went back there for me today, and they basically just told him that he was lying, and hadnt ever submitted the application, and that they could do nothing without the original card... but they TOOK the original card last month!!

Help!
I'm sorry to hear of all the troubling frustrations! I don't have any advice, unfortunately. I'm actually just surprised they have let your husband talk to them on your behalf. When I tried that, they said he MUST come in person himself to make any inquiries. We had to wait until he came back to Phoenix from LA (where he's working) in order to make any headway with SS.

Hope you get things straightened out!

Rene