Re applying E2 Visa

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re applying E2 Visa

A friend of mine had one on his property, think he owned it.

Pretty sure he got rid of it as it was not worth the space it took.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Trushar patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bhavs
You got your visa
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

SYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure to understand what Ian said.

The OP said he invested money into a franchise, paid a lease for one year upfront, buy equipements and a vehicle etc..
From what I've been told (lawyers) this is part of what is required to do if you want to apply for an E2 visa.

How this demonstrate that the op have not enough ties ?
Is the only "valid" tie a property ownership ?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SYCU
How this demonstrate that the op have not enough ties ?

The ties must be to the home country... not the US business. However, as bhavesh1984 notes, strong ties to his home country was not one of the reasons his visa was denied.

If you have questions about your situation, I suggest you continue to post in the thread you started last month.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

SYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond reputeSYCU has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The ties must be to the home country... not the US business. However, as bhavesh1984 notes, strong ties to his home country was not one of the reasons his visa was denied.

If you have questions about your situation, I suggest you continue to post in the thread you started last month.

Ian
I will, I'm waiting 6 months for applying an esta. Or Maybe a lottery win
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

bhavesh1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So two things:

1. My E2 visa as told by the officer on 23rd Jan has been approved.

2. However I saw the update on their website and this is what I saw:

'Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.'

My question is what does that statement mean as they took the application fee as well on the same day when they told me I've been approved. Does this mean they are still considering another rejection?

Thanks
Bhavesh
Old Jan 24th 2017, 12:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Admin processing is a general term that means they are working on the case. There is nothing more you can know. They won't tell you what is being done or how long it will take (they can guess, which is what they've done).

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2017, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bhavesh1984
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.
How else would you describe the process of creating the visa and affixing it to your passport? It's an administrative process. Why have you assumed that there is a problem? You really need to stop drinking caffeine.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2017, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

bhavesh1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
How else would you describe the process of creating the visa and affixing it to your passport? It's an administrative process. Why have you assumed that there is a problem? You really need to stop drinking caffeine.

Ian
You would describe the process like this ' your passport is currently under visa printing and will be returned back to you shortly. We will update you further by email' now doesn't that sound better?

I don't need pessimism I'm asking for feedback
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:34 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

You would describe the process like this ' your passport is currently under visa printing and will be returned back to you shortly. We will update you further by email' now doesn't that sound better?

And if it said that people would be asking how long is "shortly". Anyway, the administrative process is more than just the visa printing. That's the same message that every case in every embassy around the world sees. It wasn't written just for you. It is a general, blanket term that covers all the paperwork and admin that goes with issuing a visa.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

I don't think "pessimism" is the word you wanted to use. I believe "sarcasm" is the correct word. By the way, I did give you feedback... and your response suggests I was correct.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2017, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

ecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond repute

This is normal and everyone has the same message appear - provided all the details you gave them were correct, this will update approx 3 days (judging on when we did back end of last year) after your appointment to APPROVED. This means they have dispatched your passport and finished the admin of physically sticking it in and processing it!