Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

A quicky about I-94 visa waiver.. please help?

A quicky about I-94 visa waiver.. please help?

Old Sep 28th 2002, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Midian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question A quicky about I-94 visa waiver.. please help?

Hello forum,

On this my fourth visit to the states in a year, my girlfriend popped the question and we married on the spur of the moment.

We are filing I-130, I-485, I-765 etc, etc.. my wife meets the 125% poverty line cutoff but it might take us till just outside the expiry date of my I-94 visa waiver to save up all the filing fees required... will I be deported for not applying withing the 90 days of my I-94?

In essence is there a time limit (so long as one doesnt take the micky)?

Any help you can give on this will be greatly appreciated, I have read other threads about people who overstayed visas being allowed to stay but could not find a thread that related directly to the I-94.
Old Sep 28th 2002, 10:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quicky about I-94 visa waiver.. please help?

The only issue with the I-94 expiration date is that it determines when your overstay starts. You can apply for the adjustment at any time; be it today or 3 years from now. With an overstay of 180 days or more, one should never ever leave the US until they have adjusted status and been approved. Even if the INS is lax and gives you an advance parole, the moment you leave the US you have tiggered the ban and will not be allowed back into the US.

Hopefully you can cut corners, eat lots of pasta for the next month, or take a loan against a credit card if you have to or borrow from a friend or family member and file the forms.

And remember to file everything at the local INS office and not the service center. Unless, of course, you live in the Baltimore, Maryland area.

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 11:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete:
the moment you leave the US you have tiggered the ban and will not be allowed back into the US.

Rete
Is that when you would say "Oh Pooh!" ?

heheh, too much time on my hands today.
Old Sep 28th 2002, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Midian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Rete... at most my overstay will be 4 weeks before we are able to file.. so in essence it should be ok then so long as i dont leave the country?

Originally posted by Rete:
The only issue with the I-94 expiration date is that it determines when your overstay starts. You can apply for the adjustment at any time; be it today or 3 years from now. With an overstay of 180 days or more, one should never ever leave the US until they have adjusted status and been approved. Even if the INS is lax and gives you an advance parole, the moment you leave the US you have tiggered the ban and will not be allowed back into the US.

Hopefully you can cut corners, eat lots of pasta for the next month, or take a loan against a credit card if you have to or borrow from a friend or family member and file the forms.

And remember to file everything at the local INS office and not the service center. Unless, of course, you live in the Baltimore, Maryland area.

Rete
Old Sep 28th 2002, 6:32 pm
Ronald Austin

ROFLMAO!!!

"meauxna" wrote in message
news:427764.1033211762@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by Rete:
    > > the moment you leave the US you have tiggered the ban and will not be
    > > allowed back into the US.
    > >
    > > Rete
    > Is that when you would say "Oh Pooh!" ?
    > heheh, too much time on my hands today.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com