Wikiposts

Quick question on I-130

Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

USGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick question on I-130

My check that we sent with the I-130 cleared my bank this week. Does that mean that our application is being reviewed already, or does that just started the clock ticking on the three-to-six-month time table? Thanks!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question on I-130

Originally Posted by USGirl
My check that we sent with the I-130 cleared my bank this week. Does that mean that our application is being reviewed already, or does that just started the clock ticking on the three-to-six-month time table? Thanks!
It just means they have cashed your check, and nothing more. It doesn't mean anyone has looked at your actual paperwork yet or created a received notice yet.

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USGirl
This does *probably* mean that your application has been accepted as properly submitted [not a legal term] and a reciept # has or will be issued for your case and it will take the next steps. This does NOT mean your application has been approved, which is a very long ways away even if the above were true, or that it contains no errors, or that it has been vetted for eligibility etc.

Directly to your question, the timetable is a general estimate provided by USCIS based on submission AFAIK and nothing more. If the first step described above was indeed taken, it means little in that regard, but it is surely nice to see that activity [however basic] has occurred.

Good luck with your case!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

USGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I figured that that's all it meant. But, hey, a girl can dream, right?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forts
This does *probably* mean that your application has been accepted as properly submitted ...
I doubt it. Checks are separated from the package and sent to the Department of the Treasury for deposit. Having the check clear the bank means *only* that they now have your money. It means *nothing* with respect to the application.

Ian
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I doubt it. Checks are separated from the package and sent to the Department of the Treasury for deposit. Having the check clear the bank means *only* that they now have your money. It means *nothing* with respect to the application.

Ian
One could say that accepting the payment means the submission was deemed 'complete'; IE it met the initial requirements and was not rejected outright for missing something crucial.

Throw a gal a bone.. she's just getting started and this IS the first step!