Quick question.

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick question.

Can I work in the US if someone is willing to sponsor my visa as a nanny? I am currently studying for my nvq 3 in early years childcare and my daughter is a US citizen, I was considering moving to the US for a while to do some nannying. It's just a passing thought and I wanted to know if it was possible, I know I can not go as an aupair as I am 29. Thank you.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question.

I'm guessing your daughter isn't over 21?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond reputeSabrielle has a reputation beyond repute

No she is 7.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sabrielle
No she is 7.
Figured, what is the basis of her citizenship? Is she living in the US?

If you can't get the J-1 au pair, I don't think there are any realistic ways of getting a visa as a nanny.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Alright. No she lives with me in the UK, she is a duel citizen her father is American. I knew I couldn't go to the US based off her anyway she's only 7 and has to be 21 to sponsor me. I am just looking at another realistic way that I could go off my own back. I am pretty sure I am too old to go as an au pair.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright. No she lives with me in the UK, she is a duel citizen her father is American. I knew I couldn't go to the US based off her anyway she's only 7 and has to be 21 to sponsor me. I am just looking at another realistic way that I could go off my own back. I am pretty sure I am too old to go as an au pair.
Au Pair's can get a j1 but I unsure if there is a maximum age limit to get that visa for an Au Pair or to be hired as an au pair for that matter. You would have to look into that.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yup, 26 I believe. I assume the USC father is not an option?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

No we are getting a divorce and he works min wage..
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Can I work in the US if someone is willing to sponsor my visa as a nanny? I am currently studying for my nvq 3 in early years childcare and my daughter is a US citizen, I was considering moving to the US for a while to do some nannying. It's just a passing thought and I wanted to know if it was possible, I know I can not go as an aupair as I am 29. Thank you.
Why would you want to relocate to take what is generally low-paid work with no job security and very few tangible benefits, especially when you have a young child of your own?

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 3rd 2015 at 11:44 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

I have my reasons and I don't want to get into that on a public forum but thank you to those who answered my question.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I have my reasons and I don't want to get into that on a public forum but thank you to those who answered my question.
So, wait until your divorce is final and then go for a K-1?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Why would I need a K-1? Thats assuming my reasons are for a guy. I am taking this thread no further. If I don't want to divulge my personal details on a public forum that is my prerogative.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would I need a K-1? Thats assuming my reasons are for a guy. I am taking this thread no further. If I don't want to divulge my personal details on a public forum that is my prerogative.
You do not need to divulge anything you aren't comfortable with. You will see all kinds of responses on a public forum like this. Please don't take it personally, you may continue posting if you want to.

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, I did find it a little random.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I did find it a little random.
You are always free to not answer. As you say, that's your prerogative. That said, people here like information because that makes it easier to help steer someone in the right direction... so, when details are missing, there's usually a probing question or two. It's the nature of a public forum for people to ask probing questions.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.