Wikiposts

Quick Fingerprint Notice

Old Apr 18th 2002, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default Quick Fingerprint Notice

Hi All-

I have a question regarding fingerprints.
I filed for AOS on Feb 13, 2002 in person in Boston
I received EAD, AP, fingerprint date and interview date right then
The interview date is May 1 @ 10:10 (Wish me luck!!)
The fingerprint date says "Week of April 23"
I am going next Tuesday to get fingerprinted

A couple of questions
1. Is that enough time for the FBI to complete background check on me?

2. Is there any way that the FBI has me "marked" for any reason and I would not know about it?

I have never been convicted of any crimes, have paid my taxes every year and been a good temporary resident (Have been in the states since 1991 on Visa (student, EAD, H1 and now AOS))
I guess I am more nervous than I thought I would be and make sure that I am prepared. I did run a social security based background check through a P.I and that came back clean. However, I am not sure if the FBI looks at other information. Thought one of you experts would know for sure.

Thanks much for your help and advice. I will definitely post my experience as soon as I go through it.

Take Care
-- Gaude
Old Apr 18th 2002, 6:40 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Quick Fingerprint Notice

"gaude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All-
    >
    > I have a question regarding fingerprints. I filed for AOS on Feb 13, 2002 in person
    > in Boston I received EAD, AP, fingerprint date and interview date right then The
    > interview date is May 1 @ 10:10 (Wish me luck!!) The fingerprint date says "Week of
    > April 23" I am going next Tuesday to get fingerprinted
    >
    > A couple of questions
    > 1. Is that enough time for the FBI to complete background check on me?

Yes. Whether it's quick enough for the INS to get the results to your file is another
matter but Boston are pretty efficient and, particularly if they use electronic
transfer or results that's fine.

> 2. Is there any way that the FBI has me "marked" for any reason and I would not
    > know about it?

Stop worrying over nothing!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Apr 18th 2002, 6:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto to everything Andy said. Boston is a good INS office in terms of efficiency and speed.

But question why you had a PI do a social security check on you? You could have done that yourself through social security and not have had to pay anything to a private investigator. Also what did you think might surface that had you worried?

Rita
Old Apr 18th 2002, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice

Thanks a lot Andy and Rita-

I know that there is nothing whatsoever to worry about, but I think I have just waited so long to get this done (11+) years
that I am nervous, I think. I guess I have so much family and friends here that I worry about the impact of not having the AOS go through successfully.

You always here weird stories of identity theft and how the INS is nitpicky sometimes. I guess that is probably what got me a little worried. But like you said, I should probably just stop worrying. I think this board is also good moral support in some ways...

Take care guys
-- Gaude