Quick Citizenship Question.

Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

wix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to all
Default Quick Citizenship Question.

I am applying for citizenship, have almost everything ready to go but I was wondering if anybody had any info on the processing times from beginning to oath ceremony?
Also, supporting docs: copy of my prev divorce paper
Copy of my husbands prev divorce paper
photocopy of my green card

what else do I need in terms of supporting docs.
On the application is says to see 'Guide' for document list but I can't for the life of me find the 'guide'
Thanks!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Citizenship Question.

Originally Posted by wix78
I am applying for citizenship, have almost everything ready to go but I was wondering if anybody had any info on the processing times from beginning to oath ceremony?

On the application is says to see 'Guide' for document list but I can't for the life of me find the 'guide'
Thanks!
Processing times will depend on the backlog at your local office. For example, here in Phoenix, my husband filed the N-400 at the end of November 2008, had his biometrics towards the end of December 2008, and is now scheduled for his interview on March 11, 2009. We expect if he passes that, then the oath ceremony will be about 6 weeks later, towards the end of April 2009. All in all, about a 5-month process.

Here is the USCIS Guide to Naturalization: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
The processing times will be completely unique to your case due to background checks, traffic in your Local Office, scheduling of ceremonies.
Stated processing goal for all offices is 6 months; you can check yours at uscis.gov
After interview, some folks get a same-day oath ceremony and others have to wait 3-4-5 months for one in their area.

USCIS' A Guide to Naturalization is linked on this page.. suggest you navigate around from the homepage for more Naturalization information on their site.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget tax returns. Also, if you were a PR between 18 and 26 years of age, you'll need to show that you applied for Selective Service. If you are in that age range, and did not apply, you must wait until you're age 31 before applying for naturalization.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

coral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't forget tax returns. Also, if you were a PR between 18 and 26 years of age, you'll need to show that you applied for Selective Service. If you are in that age range, and did not apply, you must wait until you're age 31 before applying for naturalization.

Ian
that's not true, at least for females I know
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

coral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nicecoral11680 is just really nice

Originally Posted by coral11680
that's not true, at least for females I know
Yeah I just looked it's just for males, the OP is female.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't forget tax returns
Top tip, don't bother with tax returns. Call up IRS and ask for tax transcripts for the last X number of years. Much easier than copying all that stuff!

This is what I sent.
Copy of marriage licence.
Copy of greencard
Copy of passport
Copy of wifes passport (the USC)
Copy of wifes birth certificate
Copy of my birth certificate
Tax transcripts for the last 3 years.

Application received 11/5/08. Biometrics done 12/1/08. Interview 2/3/09. Estimated oath 5 weeks. That is originally sending to Nebraska and going through the Cleveland local office.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Top tip, don't bother with tax returns. Call up IRS and ask for tax transcripts for the last X number of years. Much easier than copying all that stuff!

This is what I sent.
Copy of marriage licence.
Copy of greencard
Copy of passport
Copy of wifes passport (the USC)
Copy of wifes birth certificate
Copy of my birth certificate
Tax transcripts for the last 3 years.

Application received 11/5/08. Biometrics done 12/1/08. Interview 2/3/09. Estimated oath 5 weeks. That is originally sending to Nebraska and going through the Cleveland local office.
I never sent tax returns. It is not mentioned in M-476(A guide to naturalization). Maybe I will take them when I have my interview.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by needhelp
I never sent tax returns. It is not mentioned in M-476(A guide to naturalization). Maybe I will take them when I have my interview.
Well, it depends on why you are filing. Page 48 of the guide...

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:

4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
• Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
• Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
• An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

If you are not applying based on marriage then the requirements are a little different.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by needhelp
Tax returns are mentioned in M-476. Actually on M-477 (part of M-476) Document Checklist.

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:

Make sure you are comparing yourself with cases like your own.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by meauxna
Tax returns are mentioned in M-476. Actually on M-477 (part of M-476) Document Checklist.

Make sure you are comparing yourself with cases like your own.
True, sorry I didnt bother with this infor since I sent N-400 under 5 year GC holder.