Wikiposts

question regarding aos interview

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:21 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default question regarding aos interview

hi there

okay this seems a bit odd but maybe I am one of the lucky ones??

we filed for aos/ap and ead on sept 25th.. in tucson.. lady went over everything, stapled this and that.. and off it went.. receipts arrived dated sept 30th.. fingerprints done on oct. 25th ..

got a letter today "request for applicant to appear for initial interview"
case type: I-485

the interview is in Tucson on Dec. 15th!!!!

Is this right?

or might I be going for a pre interview? is there such a thing...

we only filed 7 weeks ago... not that I am complaining..

if this is "the interview" can I cancel the ead and ap and get my money back
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question regarding aos interview

Originally Posted by souls canuck
hi there

we filed for aos/ap and ead on sept 25th.. in tucson.. lady went over everything, stapled this and that.. and off it went.. receipts arrived dated sept 30th.. fingerprints done on oct. 25th ..

Is this right?

Ohhhhhh my goodness!!! Can it really be your adjustment interview?? If it is, great big congratulations are in order!!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:38 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

well Rene.. it almost doesn't make sense.. this soon???

we are both skeptical that this is the aos.. but who knows?

i might try calling just to see...

and thanks!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations... it couldn't have happened to a nicer Canadian!

Ian
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, what can we say but "Congratulations!"

You have won the first prize in the CIS lottery, 15 minutes in the hot seat to answer questions and produce documentation that will prove to CIS that you are legally and validly married to your USC spouse.

There is no such animal as a pre-interview. This is the real time baby. CIS just gave you a lovely Xmas present ... enjoy it.

Rete

hi there

Is this right?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations... it couldn't have happened to a nicer Canadian!

Ian

Well I don't know about that LOL ... I think my Canadian is the best Canadian ;-) Okay, Okay, he isn't always nice ;-(
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:56 am
Concierge

hi there

But you are complaining ;-) You want your money back ... geezus murphy are you looking the gift horse in the mouth??????

Since there are so very few posters who use the Tucson office perhaps they are part of the new directive that all new filers are to be adjudicated within 90 days of filing such as in New York City. These new procedures are not "advertised" and the only way we learn of them is by someone's experience.

Rete
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

Is this right?

Hi:

I say it over and over again. It is hard to answer timeline questions -- what happens to other people's cases does NOT indicate what might happen in your case.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:39 am
Valley of the Sun

Thanks all for your good wishes.. still kind of thrown for a loop here.. And don't get me wrong, we are very excited and one of the fortunate few to get to this point in such a quick time.. I still haven't received my ead of ap!! I did call uscis, wondering if I should withdraw those other two apps "IF" I get approved and "IF" I get the stamp and or card in speedy way. Wondered if this would help, and the lady didn't seem to have the answer..so we will cross that bridge when we come to it..

and yes, I did ask.. once those cheques are cashed you're done..

My next question is.. when gathering up evidence.. and I know this has been asked a million times, I will do a search and see if I can come up with some more on my own.. we have been married only 2 months.. we don't have a joint bank account yet.. was going to set that up once I had something to put in it

we do have a family car insurance policy
lots of pictures from the wedding, before and after
guestbook signed by 65 people and a photo of everyone to match
we have an application for a rental apt. in Phoenix.. move date the same day as the interview!
bills were all set up here in his name prior to my arrival and now that we are moving, we have to set up new ones.. but there might not be enough time ..

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.. I do appreciate the advice.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your good wishes.. still kind of thrown for a loop here.. And don't get me wrong, we are very excited and one of the fortunate few to get to this point in such a quick time.. I still haven't received my ead of ap!! I did call uscis, wondering if I should withdraw those other two apps "IF" I get approved and "IF" I get the stamp and or card in speedy way. Wondered if this would help, and the lady didn't seem to have the answer..so we will cross that bridge when we come to it..

My next question is.. when gathering up evidence.. and I know this has been asked a million times, I will do a search and see if I can come up with some more on my own.. we have been married only 2 months.. we don't have a joint bank account yet.. was going to set that up once I had something to put in it

we have an application for a rental apt. in Phoenix.. move date the same day as the interview!
bills were all set up here in his name prior to my arrival and now that we are moving, we have to set up new ones.. but there might not be enough time ..

any thoughts?

Hi souls!!

I'm sure they'll understand you're moving and have only been married a short time. The joint car insurance is good, as is the joint rental application. It's not too late to get your name on the bank account, either...that only takes a trip to the bank for a few minutes. Maybe bring some proof that you and he receive mail at the same address (even if addressed to each of you separately). And of course, pictures!

So, are you postponing the move for a day or two, so you can go to the interview? (duh, no-brainer question on that!)

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2004, 12:43 pm
Concierge

You bring what you have. They are astute enough to realize that your marriage is new and that you haven't had the opportunity to commingle your lives to any great extent in such a short period of time. Remember for several years people were AOS'ing the day of filing in Dallas and Detroit and Sault Ste. Marie. Evidence of a viable marriage takes time to accumulate. Again, bring all you have and have a go at it.

Rete

any thoughts?