Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Question to ones who got married at the courthouse

Question to ones who got married at the courthouse

Old Feb 21st 2003, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll probably look like an odd couple as I am wearing my $10 thrift store gaudy wedding dress and Greg's wearing a nice shirt and jeans! I'm trying to convince him to wear his grey wool work pants, but he says he doesn't want our wedding to feel like work! Which I guess is true... wear what you feel comfortable in!
Old Feb 21st 2003, 3:29 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question to ones who got married at the courthouse

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
My fiance & I are just gonna get married at the courthouse in my city & I am just wondering to others who have done the same thing, (For the women) What did you wear? I know it might sound silly but am just curious. Thanks
Whatever you feel like. For us both, it was second time around. I dressed as I normally do, sort of semi-casual. Ken wore his denims but a better shirt than usual... as we planned to take photos.
But if it was my first time, and I if I was still young and starry eyed, it would probably have been different....
Old Feb 21st 2003, 4:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Whatever you feel like. For us both, it was second time around. I dressed as I normally do, sort of semi-casual. Ken wore his denims but a better shirt than usual... as we planned to take photos.
But if it was my first time, and I if I was still young and starry eyed, it would probably have been different....
Funny you should say that. My first wedding, as noted, was a courthouse ceremony with only my husband and I and his best friend.

My second wedding, this one, was a full blown affair with ecru floor length dress with lace bolero jacket, flowers, DJ, cocktail hour, sit down dinner for 44 of our closest friends and family. We still only have a JP but it was a wonderful wedding day.

Rete
Old Feb 21st 2003, 4:31 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Rete
Funny you should say that. My first wedding, as noted, was a courthouse ceremony with only my husband and I and his best friend.

My second wedding, this one, was a full blown affair with ecru floor length dress with lace bolero jacket, flowers, DJ, cocktail hour, sit down dinner for 44 of our closest friends and family. We still only have a JP but it was a wonderful wedding day.

Rete
Exactly, Rete We all need to do it at least once, with all the trimmings...
Old Feb 21st 2003, 5:30 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Alpona
Hi,
I wore a green silk and brocade saree( national dress of India)....and
some traditional jewellery!
Craig wore a nice blue shirt and black pants.I got stared at...in a
nice way!!!
Was a great feeling to be together...getting married....Just have fun
no matter what you decide to wear!!
Best wishes,
alpona
That must have been so pretty Alpona... I wish we could see some pix. I'll bet you got stared at ... I've never worn a saree since my first date with Ken. The Indian saree is worn by many Sri Lankans in the low-country regions of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka however has it's own form of the saree (osariya). This link should give you an idea of what it looks like:
http://www.exotic-wedding-destinatio...ed/default.htm
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:00 am
Jadm

PEACHSTER wrote in message news:...
    > My fiance & I are just gonna get married at the courthouse in my city &
    > I am just wondering to others who have done the same thing, (For the
    > women) What did you wear? I know it might sound silly but am just
    > curious. Thanks

he wore a suit, i wore a normal dress, nothing fancy, get a picture
too and make copies*
US~UK in USA

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 6:00 am
Mrtravel

PEACHSTER wrote:
    >
    > My fiance & I are just gonna get married at the courthouse in my city &
    > I am just wondering to others who have done the same thing, (For the
    > women) What did you wear? I know it might sound silly but am just
    > curious. Thanks

When I did it in '78, I wore a burgundy leisure suit and a turtleneck.

Our 2000 wedding was at Red Rock Park, outside of Las Vegas. I wore a
dark suit this time.
Interesting thing. We took then had the nice white limo take us and the
minister's copy of the marriage certificate to the Clark County
Recorder's office so we could have the certified copy the next day in
order to have it for DCF in Moscow (no longer possible if the USC
doesn't live in Russia). We then took the nice shiny long white limo
back to Four Seasons for tea time. The waitress replaced the white linen
napkin with a black one so I wouldn't get white thread on the dark
suite. I was impressed. I highly recommend the Four Seasons for anyone
getting married in Vegas. It the top 5 or 6 floors of the building
housing Mandalay Bay, but it is a separate hotel with its own entrance.
They have floor to ceiling windows in the rooms and the view is
fantastic.

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 12:54 pm
bba1vol

I did and I wore a new dress.......when my
husband gets here we are having a formal wedding......

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I wore a green dress that I bought from a vintage shop in Edinburgh, and Sean wore a black suit with white shirt...but no tie...I think ties are really rather useless items!

Our pics are at:

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ali...dding+Pictures

Your wedding will be a super day, no matter what you wear! All the best with your preparations.

Peace,

D.
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 3:51 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazeychain
I wore a green dress that I bought from a vintage shop in Edinburgh, and Sean wore a black suit with white shirt...but no tie...I think ties are really rather useless items!

Our pics are at:

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ali...dding+Pictures
You two look so cute in your photos!! My fave photo is the one where you're looking up at him with the biggest smile on your face -- very sweet. I can't wait to be in your shoes.... only a couple more months to go...

Great thread, BTW...

~ Jenney
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys look great!
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
You two look so cute in your photos!! My fave photo is the one where you're looking up at him with the biggest smile on your face -- very sweet. I can't wait to be in your shoes.... only a couple more months to go...

Great thread, BTW...

~ Jenney
Aw! Thank you Jenney. It was a super day, we only took Sean's best friend Chris (he took the pictures) with us so it was very intimate. We are saving up to have a big party in Scotland next year.

All the best for the rest of your wait.

Peace,

D.
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

I have put our pix at http://fr.photos.yahoo.com/caroetmatt. There are both pictures from the courthouse wedding and the religious wedding.

Caroline
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 2:52 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to the rest who replied & posted pics. Well I went shopping & didnt find anything yet so Peter & I are gonna head to the Mall Of America in Bloomington MN in a few weeks & see what I can find there. I should be able to that place is just huge with tons of stores to shop. Thursday we went ring shopping & I found mine right away which was a total surprise cause I thought it take me forever to find something I liked. I am so picky. LOL Peter on the other hand couldnt find anything so have to go looking again. We have a set date for April 16th. We picked the 16th cause that is the date in Nov. of 99 we met online. I cant wait to have that ring I picked out on my finger. Is so pretty, I just love it.
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 3:22 am

Jade is an unknown quantity at this point

We got married on Valentines Day 2002 at our courthouse and then had a "traditonal" wedding with all the trimmings in April. However since this was our "real" wedding we decided to dress the part. My husband wore a tux and I wore a full length wedding dress that was suitable for a small wedding. My parents stood up with us and my sister, her husband and their 1 yr old were also in attendance. It's your special day so enjoy it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.