Wikiposts

question about visa

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:17 am

bigz is on a distinguished road
Default question about visa

hello people,
its been a while.. sorry i have'nt posted in such a long time..
been hell of a busy lol - well been a long draw out process as most of you
already know, well i have a date and time for my interview which is pretty cool, i thought i would be waitting alot longer than this, but my question is how long after the interview would i be waitting to get my visa, the visa that we went for was the I-130 and the I-485 i forgot what they call it, also will they say that ill be able to work & travel cos i would'nt mind going home to see my family for a few weeks.
Thanks,
Kurt
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about visa

Originally Posted by bigz
hello people,
already know, well i have a date and time for my interview which is pretty cool, i thought i would be waitting alot longer than this, but my question is how long after the interview would i be waitting to get my visa, the visa that we went for was the I-130 and the I-485 i forgot what they call it, also will they say that ill be able to work & travel cos i would'nt mind going home to see my family for a few weeks.
Thanks,
Kurt
Hi Kurt,

You aren't getting a visa. You're having your interview for the green card. So what you want to ask is, how long after the interview will my green card arrive? That will depend on the outcome of the interview, and whether your background checks are complete or not at that time.

That said, Sadegh was approved the same day as his interview, and received the green card 6 days later in the mail.

If you are approved for the green card at the interview, you can ask that your passport be stamped so you can travel freely. Approval also includes work authorization so you won't need the EAD anymore.

If you don't get approved on the day of the interview, you'll continue using EAD and AP as usual.

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. - when is the date?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Kurt,

You aren't getting a visa. You're having your interview for the green card. So what you want to ask is, how long after the interview will my green card arrive? That will depend on the outcome of the interview, and whether your background checks are complete or not at that time.

That said, Sadegh was approved the same day as his interview, and received the green card 6 days later in the mail.

If you are approved for the green card at the interview, you can ask that your passport be stamped so you can travel freely. Approval also includes work authorization so you won't need the EAD anymore.

If you don't get approved on the day of the interview, you'll continue using EAD and AP as usual.

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. - when is the date?
Thanks rene, your the best
My interview in on the 25th of may at 10.15am
hopydully everything goes well and ill be able to work
and travel.. here my timeline:

01.09.05 · Came To The US From England.
26.10.05 · Married My Baby Princess.
16.11.05 · Sent The AOS Papers.
29.11.05 · Receipt Of Payment Back From USCIS.
02.12.05 · Request For aditional Infomation (I-693) · Medical.
15.12.05 · Booked A Appointment For My Medical On The 16.01.06.
15.12.05 · Change Of Address Over The Phone.
03.01.06 · Received Letter About Change Of Addrees.
03.01.06 · ASC Appointment Notice Received For The 12.01.06.
12.01.06 · Completed the ASC Appointment.
16.01.06 · Medical 50% complete, go back for my PPD Results, and immunizations in 2 days.
19.01.06 · went back to get my PPD reading... another appointment for 25.01.06
25.01.06 · Went to the heath department and got my MMR, Chicken poxs & Tetanus Shots, faxed paper work to the doctor in richmond, awaitng paper work to arrive for richmond.
27.01.05 · Received medical paper from doctor in richmond everything is good one seeled to send to the INS office one for our use.
28.01.05 · mailed in the seeled copy of medical papers to the INS office awaiting what to do next from INS.
10.03.06 · Received a letter from the ins people, letting us know when my interview is, and my wife has to come along it is dated for 25.05.06 at 10.15am we have to gather all our paper work that we have to take along.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigz
hello people,
Thanks,
Kurt
Hi Kurt:

Just to be pedantic, a "visa" is what is issued by a Consular Officer, almost always outside of the United States.

However, you error is a common one -- I've seen it in many Court of Appeal decisions.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Kurt:

Just to be pedantic, a "visa" is what is issued by a Consular Officer, almost always outside of the United States.

However, you error is a common one -- I've seen it in many Court of Appeal decisions.
yeah i didnt been visa, but green card lol sorry for the confusion