Question about US CBP

Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about US CBP

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I suggest you stop spouting cräp that serves no purpose other than to feed the unfounded concerns of people who have next to no reason to be concerned.
You should do what I did... put johnny boy on your twit list. Life is so much easier not having to read the shit he posts. I keep hoping a moderator will muzzle him... but so long as the members keep responding to his stupid posts, he'll keep coming back for more.

I suggest you not feed the troll.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You should do what I did... put johnny boy on your twit list. Life is so much easier not having to read the shit he posts. I keep hoping a moderator will muzzle him... but so long as the members keep responding to his stupid posts, he'll keep coming back for more.

I suggest you not feed the troll.

Ian
Ian my daughter went back to new york once 3 months after the internship of 12 months to visit friends. Got through immigration bit no problem didn't even look at her. Till she got to the customs that guy was ass did a search of her bag found her old american sim card from her phone and an american bank card gave her a dogs life over it asked her twice if she had bank account she didn't. Why do you have the sim card why didn't you throw it away. She was visiting a friend. He said how did you meet him. It was a girl he suggested she was a lesbian. Says your in america a lot aren't you or something like that because it was 3 months after the internship for which they granted the visa. As they let her go the other guy with him was like sorry about that he always does that. It just takes one guy to have a cob on. 9 visits in 2 years as a student. He could have a problem.

I have also notice Ian that when someone shows your are incorrect about something you never acknowledge it. Like sending people to secondary for investigation of sevis records in response to the boston bomb which you denied was happening despite posting in threads regarding that topic yourself months earlier.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 12th 2014 at 10:27 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
Wouldn't having a U.s bank account for a tourist be considered evidence of immigrant intent?
No. Banking and immigrant intent are not related in any way.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No. Banking and immigrant intent are not related in any way.

Rene
Fair enough but why did the cpb agent want to know about my daughter having a bank account when he found the card which she should cut up I suppose. He asked her twice was real insist about it. Why would he care? She thought she wasn't gonna get in for a second.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It just takes one guy to have a cob on. 9 visits in 2 years as a student. He could have a problem.
EVERYONE who is not a USC has some element of risk when trying to enter the USA, whether it's on the VWP or some other kind of visa. Now whether the risk is high or low, we laymen might have some vague idea, but usually once someone develops a regular pattern of visiting the USA, they should be OK to continue visiting...until suddenly, as you said, one POE agent says no.

I had a male friend from the UK who visited the USA and stayed with me regularly for 2 months every summer. He did this about 4 years in a row, and on the 5th trip the POE agent started asking him about our relationship (we had no romantic relationship, we were just friends). They accused him of planning to marry me and stay in the USA on this trip. They even called me from JFK to ask ME questions about our relationship. They let him through that time, but it was a huge hassle.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:49 pm

Why did the cpb agent want to know about my daughter having a bank account when he found the card which she should cut up I suppose. He asked her twice was real insist about it. Why would he care? She thought she wasn't gonna get in for a second.
Because the POE agent has the right to question anything he wants to, and because as you said, he was being an a$$ that day.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Why did the cpb agent want to know about my daughter having a bank account when he found the card which she should cut up I suppose. He asked her twice was real insist about it. Why would he care? She thought she wasn't gonna get in for a second.
He is allowed to lie in the hope that the suspect spills their guts and admits to doing something wrong. Essentially baiting the suspect.

Goes back to the common advice of only answering the question asked and not elaborating. As well as knowing your rights.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:10 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Ian my daughter went back to new york once 3 months after the internship of 12 months to visit friends. Got through immigration bit no problem didn't even look at her. Till she got to the customs that guy was ass did a search of her bag found her old american sim card from her phone and an american bank card gave her a dogs life over it asked her twice if she had bank account she didn't. Why do you have the sim card why didn't you throw it away. She was visiting a friend. He said how did you meet him. It was a girl he suggested she was a lesbian. Says your in america a lot aren't you or something like that because it was 3 months after the internship for which they granted the visa. As they let her go the other guy with him was like sorry about that he always does that. It just takes one guy to have a cob on. 9 visits in 2 years as a student. He could have a problem.
Interesting. I realize "Customs" and "Border Patrol" are the same team, but if the BP guy stamps you in, isn't the customs guy just checking for illicit goods you have already brought in. I mean do they get a second chance to turn you away? Are you not really "in" till you get past customs?
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RICH
Interesting. I realize "Customs" and "Border Patrol" are the same team, but if the BP guy stamps you in, isn't the customs guy just checking for illicit goods you have already brought in. I mean do they get a second chance to turn you away? Are you not really "in" till you get past customs?
I know she wasn't sent to secondary. It all took place at the baggage control customs bit after the immigration desks. She was taken to one side people walked past handing in that white customs form.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 12th 2014 at 11:38 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:02 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
..... I mean do they get a second chance to turn you away? Are you not really "in" till you get past customs?
No, "you're in" once you pass immigration. Customs can seize your stuff, and potentially arrest you, which could eventually lead to you being deported, but customs can't just send you out of the country at that point.
.... Lets say it's new york he visits. He either has mates out there or a girl or maybe he even goes over there and picks up quick money working illegal during term breaks and now he has opened an account. Why? To transfer money back home? What if CPB finds a bank card on him they might not like that despite what has been said about immigrant intent by you.
The facts as we know them are: the OP is a student who visits America several times a year. Full stop. The rest is the product of your overactive imagination. Have you considered a career as a novelist?

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 13th 2014 at 12:34 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 2:30 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The rest is the product of your overactive imagination. Have you considered a career as a novelist?
Seriously, just stop feeding him. He's on my twit list too
Old Dec 13th 2014, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

No, "you're in" once you pass immigration. Customs can seize your stuff, and potentially arrest you, which could eventually lead to you being deported, but customs can't just send you out of the country at that point.
Is there not some deal about the point at which you are no longer under the control of the agency, so if the immigration officer realized they'd made a terrible mistake and caught up with you in Customs they could still kick you out? (It's a thought experiment, of course, but the zones are not always clearly delineated. Anecdote: the one time I entered the country by sea security was so rigorous that I found I'd accidentally wandered out into a taxi rank and had to go back indoors and find someone to stamp my passport, lest I illegally immigrate by mistake. This was Brooklyn, not just me washing ashore someplace Twelfth Night-style.)

Anyway, the OP obviously has nothing much to worry about - obligatory disclaimer: based on what we know.

EDIT: Sorry for getting the bank derail started. Perhaps that is something else that varies from state to state, or depends on how far out in the sticks one is.

Last edited by zerlesen; Dec 13th 2014 at 5:49 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 8:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zerlesen
Is there not some deal about the point at which you are no longer under the control of the agency, so if the immigration officer realized they'd made a terrible mistake and caught up with you in Customs they could still kick you out? (It's a thought experiment, of course, but the zones are not always clearly delineated. Anecdote: the one time I entered the country by sea security was so rigorous that I found I'd accidentally wandered out into a taxi rank and had to go back indoors and find someone to stamp my passport, lest I illegally immigrate by mistake. This was Brooklyn, not just me washing ashore someplace Twelfth Night-style.)

Anyway, the OP obviously has nothing much to worry about - obligatory disclaimer: based on what we know.

EDIT: Sorry for getting the bank derail started. Perhaps that is something else that varies from state to state, or depends on how far out in the sticks one is.
I remember reading in the papers years back in the early 00s or late 90s an irish mother and daughter travelled to nyc got through but cpb changed their minds and called out names over the public address for them to go to information the desk and they sent them back home. Something to do with the IRA I think it was or a politican or something.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 13th 2014 at 8:37 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 8:48 am
Account Closed

The facts as we know them are: the OP is a student who visits America several times a year. Full stop. The rest is the product of your overactive imagination. Have you considered a career as a novelist?
Could that "customs" officer have sent her to secondary if he wanted to despite her clearing the "immigration" section? Are the customs questions limited just to the customs situation because he asked her if she family in the USA, what she did for a job if she had ever been arrested that sounds more immigration related to me. She wasn't asked if she had packed the bag herself did she have food on her or drugs on her even. Didn't take any samples for testing.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Not so. You are not "admitted" to the US until you've been screened for immigration, customs and agricultural inspection and have left the screening area. Our learned friend Mr Folinsky has posted the case law that settled that in the not so distant past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.