Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Proving relationship with Fiance...

Wikiposts

Proving relationship with Fiance...

Old Aug 21st 2004, 5:47 am
J Moreno

Default Proving relationship with Fiance...

I assume this varies by Embassy and even by officers within the same
Embassy, but in general, what is considered proof of a relationship?

Except for my one visit, our contact has been mainly by computer (SMS
messages and yahoo chats). We keep in pretty constant contact that
way, with a dozen or more messages going each way every day, and then 3
or 4 hour chats when she can go to a cafe. I also buy phone cards
online and call her. There are pictures of my visit, but I was only
there for a week. For a fiance visa, what sort of evidence will they
be looking for?

--
J. Moreno

Old Aug 21st 2004, 12:20 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Proving relationship with Fiance...

Originally Posted by J Moreno
I assume this varies by Embassy and even by officers within the same
Embassy, but in general, what is considered proof of a relationship?

Except for my one visit, our contact has been mainly by computer (SMS
messages and yahoo chats). We keep in pretty constant contact that
way, with a dozen or more messages going each way every day, and then 3
or 4 hour chats when she can go to a cafe. I also buy phone cards
online and call her. There are pictures of my visit, but I was only
there for a week. For a fiance visa, what sort of evidence will they
be looking for?

--
J. Moreno
Where is your fiancee from? We included several pictures with us together and some with other relatives in the pictures as well. Copies of a few of our chats, some emails and chats from some of his relatives welcoming me to the family, phone bills, airplane itinerery and ticket stubs, copy of passport visa and stamps, copies of cards and letters to each other, shipping documents from mailing gifts, and a one-page outline (by date) of our relationship.

It went thru Nebraska ok. Good Luck!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

JARREA1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Proving relationship with Fiance...

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Where is your fiancee from? We included several pictures with us together and some with other relatives in the pictures as well. Copies of a few of our chats, some emails and chats from some of his relatives welcoming me to the family, phone bills, airplane itinerery and ticket stubs, copy of passport visa and stamps, copies of cards and letters to each other, shipping documents from mailing gifts, and a one-page outline (by date) of our relationship.

It went thru Nebraska ok. Good Luck!
I think USA & Pakistan just about covered everything, since you have only had one visit, I would include as many emails, chats as you can, to maybe show progression of your relationship. The pics are especially important to show the two of you together and with others if possible. Essentially, anything and everything that can show the two of you are connected and have been maintaining a relationship that is growing.
And dont forget to include you "Letter Of Intent", if you need to see what this looks like i have a form copy i can send to you, let me know.

Good Luck,
Mohamed & Carolyn
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proving relationship with Fiance...

Originally Posted by JARREA1
I think USA & Pakistan just about covered everything, since you have only had one visit, I would include as many emails, chats as you can, to maybe show progression of your relationship. The pics are especially important to show the two of you together and with others if possible. Essentially, anything and everything that can show the two of you are connected and have been maintaining a relationship that is growing.
And dont forget to include you "Letter Of Intent", if you need to see what this looks like i have a form copy i can send to you, let me know.

Good Luck,
Mohamed & Carolyn
If you could please send that letter of intent to me, i would greatly appreciate it! [email protected]
Old Aug 21st 2004, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proving relationship with Fiance...

Originally Posted by JessInUSA
If you could please send that letter of intent to me, i would greatly appreciate it! [email protected]

The letter is really quite simple.

To Whom It May Concern:

I intend to marry John Jones within 90 days of his entry into the US on a K-1 visa.

sincerely,