Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Prospective Employer to help Expidite EAD process?

Wikiposts

Prospective Employer to help Expidite EAD process?

Old May 4th 2004, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prospective Employer to help Expidite EAD process?

I got a call last Friday from an HRD officer of an investment Firm in Manhattan about a possible job opportunities for me (thru Monster.com again). I told her right away on the phone about my problem wiht my EAD but she insisted in meeting me on Monday (yesterday).

The interview went well, but they are not sure yet if they can wait for long. She asked if they could help out in expiditing the process of my EAD.

Does local office issue interim cards only to those who did their biometrics in their office, or will they honor applications with biometrics done somewhere else provided the 90 days has past?
Old May 4th 2004, 1:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective Employer to help Expidite EAD process?

Originally posted by Millana
I got a call last Friday from an HRD officer of an investment Firm in Manhattan about a possible job opportunities for me (thru Monster.com again). I told her right away on the phone about my problem wiht my EAD but she insisted in meeting me on Monday (yesterday).

The interview went well, but they are not sure yet if they can wait for long. She asked if they could help out in expiditing the process of my EAD.

Does local office issue interim cards only to those who did their biometrics in their office, or will they honor applications with biometrics done somewhere else provided the 90 days has past?

I have to admit that I am confused. Your other post mentioned that you were past the 90 day wait for the one year EAD and you had gone to Latham, NY to ask for the interim one and were denied. I assume that Latham was just another name you used for either the Buffalo or Schenetady/Albany District Offices. If that were the case, then no you cannot go to anyother district office to get the interim EAD unless you are living in their jurisdiction. If Latham, is the name you are calling the ASC office where you did the biometrics and photo then of course they cannot give you an interim EAD only the district office can do that.

Rete
Old May 4th 2004, 1:56 am
Jun
Just Joined

Jun is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Memphis district office?

Can I get a interim EAD from Memphis office even though I didn't get the biometric/figerprint done in Memphis( I am in TN)?

Thanks
Jun
Old May 4th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
I have to admit that I am confused. Your other post mentioned that you were past the 90 day wait for the one year EAD and you had gone to Latham, NY to ask for the interim one and were denied. I assume that Latham was just another name you used for either the Buffalo or Schenetady/Albany District Offices. If that were the case, then no you cannot go to anyother district office to get the interim EAD unless you are living in their jurisdiction. If Latham, is the name you are calling the ASC office where you did the biometrics and photo then of course they cannot give you an interim EAD only the district office can do that.

Rete
Sorry to confuse you. Yes Latham (Albany). Out of despiration, I called CIS hotline this morning after posting this message and was told that I can only apply for an interim on our area's local office where I did my biometrics and if they wont issue interim then there is nothing I can do about it.

I am just so despirate in getting hold of work permit. But I guess I really just have to wait.