Wikiposts

Proof of entry

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of entry

Wished we had seen this forum about the documents required before throwing some....DOH!

Anyway as we are we are waiting before we can officially file petition ect, proof of visiting my GF I know people are saying past boarding cards, but would the actual booking / e-tickets suffice? or has anyway ever had to ask the airline for confirmation they were on that flight, which will be my next step if not known

thanks again guys
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of entry

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Anyway as we are we are waiting before we can officially file petition ect, proof of visiting my GF I know people are saying past boarding cards, but would the actual booking / e-tickets suffice? or has anyway ever had to ask the airline for confirmation they were on that flight, which will be my next step if not known
A general principle: You can't provide what you don't have and can't get, you can only provide what you have or can get.

This is one reason why there is often no list of 'must haves', there is only a point to be demonstrated and you are free to demonstrate it however you can.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wished we had seen this forum about the documents required before throwing some....DOH!

thanks again guys
Booking/e-tickets don't mean much, because you can book flights but not actually travel.

Boarding pass stubs are proof that you actually traveled, as are the stamps in your passport.

If you no longer have the boarding pass stubs, then you can't include them, obviously. In that case, the flight itinerary plus copies of passport pages might be OK.

I used all 3, just in case...I included copies of boarding passes, copies of passport pages showing entry/exit stamps, and a copy of the flight itinerary (just for the heck of it). Also included photos of us together.

I doubt if USCIS will ask the airline for confirmation...it's up to you to provide the proof. I don't know if the airline can provide YOU with proof of your travel, if you ask them.

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:24 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again guys
Do you have any photos together? Planning ahead, if you visit one another, have someone take photos of you holding a local newspaper with the date clearly visible. (Thank you, Mr. Udall).

Another thing that might be helpful is if you can match plane tickets/boarding passes to credit card receipts in the other's country.........i.e., you go to visit her in the US, have e ticket to show flight, boarding pass to show you took the flight, corresponding stamp in passport on entry, and credit/debit card receipts to show that you were dining in a restaurant in the US during that time, or staying in a hotel during that time (with corresponding reservation if possible), or renting a car in the US at that time.......etc. etc. etc.

Over the years I have heard it said here (and felt it off and on myself!) that the immigration process takes a lot of the "romance" out of a relationship because you must always be vigilant to document any possible "EVIDENCE" of your relationship that you can come up with......well, yeah. But ultimately, it's damn romantic to PLAN to be with the one you love FOREVER, so persevere, become crafty and think sequentially. Sometimes thinking of interesting ways of documenting your relationship can be quite enticing.

HTH,
~SecretGarden
(PS to the OP......keep in mind that you are in an INCREDIBLY advantageous position finding this forum at your point in the immigration process----you are in the planning stages and can do everything right from the start. Feel good about that, and USE this forum to your best advantage. Many of us have and succeeded. For example, look at my join date.......many months before Mr. P and I were eligible (eg "divorced") to file I-129F, and years (yeah, I know) he is now a USC. We did all above board, you can too, and you will succeed if you are smart, organized, and give them what they want. Depend on us...we like to "give back" here. )

Last edited by SecretGarden; Apr 22nd 2010 at 3:29 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:48 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, got caught up in the romance of the moment, and had to share another idea for documenting those trips abroad......

Wolfy, indulge me. Others will simply close the post---they are used to this from me since 2002.

Before my husband and I were able to file the petition, I found this great place here that I wanted to take him for a visit when he came to stay with me (I have to admit that this was when I was in the process of my divorce and actually BEFORE he had intiated his but after he was separated.) Ok, so I went to check out the place. It was fantastic, and I explained to the innkeeper that our situation was unusual and that I would want to put some fairly straightforward things in writing so that I could document this for USCIS. I explained all this to him, and he kindly wrote a letter confirming our reservation for the cottage, billed to my credit card, and specifically mentioning my (soon to be) UK husband by name, confirming that he needed a vegetarian menu.........and also welcoming him to the midwest for a visit, hoping he enjoyed his stay, and looking forward to meeting him. Damn, he was great.

So, when he travelled here, he had his plane ticket, boarding pass, stamp in his passport, we had the confirmation at the Inn, with both our names, AND we had the Innkeeper take pictures of us in front of the Inn sign, with dates on the phots to correspond with all the confirmations. The weather also in the pictures corresponded with the time of the reservation. We also had the Innkeeper write a letter summarizing the charges of the weekend, paid by my credit card but listing us both as guests. They could not have been more helpful and lovely; they were invited to our eventual wedding and we continue to stay there twice a year ever since 2002. It is a very symbiotic relationship.

SO! Keep this in mind as you plan your trips, contacts, correspondence, phone calls, etc. You have to prove that you have met in person within the past two years prior to filing the I-129F. There are other hurdles to jump after that. Get through each one by one, but it will behoove you to think ahead and plan good ways to document. Think of it as a fun game.......

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (approved I-129F Nov. 2003, USC Sept. 2008)
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all very much...

yes we are in the best place to start the planning and organising should we decide on the USA, You guys totally rock.

No doubt there will be lots more questions from us as we progress and now looking forward to our 3rd meeting of this year in June.....and our 4th in July where she will come here and at the end, we will decide where we will evenually settle down...

Thanks again guys!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:39 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Booking/e-tickets don't mean much, because you can book flights but not actually travel.

Boarding pass stubs are proof that you actually traveled, as are the stamps in your passport.

If you no longer have the boarding pass stubs, then you can't include them, obviously. In that case, the flight itinerary plus copies of passport pages might be OK.

I used all 3, just in case...I included copies of boarding passes, copies of passport pages showing entry/exit stamps, and a copy of the flight itinerary (just for the heck of it). Also included photos of us together.

I doubt if USCIS will ask the airline for confirmation...it's up to you to provide the proof. I don't know if the airline can provide YOU with proof of your travel, if you ask them.

Rene
A ticket record shows whether the ticket was used or not. It is in the computer res system. I think e tickets records are kept 18 months.