Wikiposts

Proof of Employment, how?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:54 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of Employment, how?

Hi... well because my fiancé's arrival is nearing, I'm coming up with more and more questions. I hope you guys don't mind...

My fiancé was wondering if there is some sort of sample Proof of Employment, like some model example or something...
If not, how long does it have to be and exactly what information does it need to have in it?

~ Thanks

PS: Oh, another, probably silly questions, but question # 15 on the I-130 form... it's asking for the name of employer and date of employment of the PETITIONER (the USC), right?
There was just a little confusion because it's situated below all the information of the beneficiary...
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Employment, how?

Originally posted by Noortje
Hi... well because my fiancé's arrival is nearing, I'm coming up with more and more questions. I hope you guys don't mind...

My fiancé was wondering if there is some sort of sample Proof of Employment, like some model example or something...
If not, how long does it have to be and exactly what information does it need to have in it?

~ Thanks

PS: Oh, another, probably silly questions, but question # 15 on the I-130 form... it's asking for the name of employer and date of employment of the PETITIONER (the USC), right?
There was just a little confusion because it's situated below all the information of the beneficiary...

Yes it is asking about your future husband's employer as he is the one petitioning for your visa.

Perhaps visajourney has a sample but it is really a very simple letter on company letterhead.

To Whom It May Concern

[name] has been employed with our company since [date] until present in the position of [fill in the blank]. His annual salary is $_____.

Sincerely,

Signature
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

In contrast to Rete, I believe that question B.15 on the I-130 is asking about the beneficiary's employment.

The requirements for a letter of employment are spelled out in the instructions for the I-134 Affidavit of Support. Be aware, however, that most employer's will not use the word 'permanent' in their letter.

Regards, JEff

~ Thanks

Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

....some sort of sample Proof of Employment, like some model example or something...If not, how long does it have to be and exactly what information does it need to have in it? ...
Most of the state and federal departments have a standard format called Employment Verification Letter which details all the information required for this purpose including date of joining, nature of job, location, temporary or permanent, part time or full time, pay scale, etc...However, if its a private company or firm, a letter as indicated by Rete would suffice.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:20 am
Tod's Princess

Thank you all so very much for the responses!

Jeffrey, it's Noortje... I think you got me confused with Noorah.

And about the proof of employment, thanks, I'll be sure to tell my fiancé...

About question #15. Jeffrey, you say it's B.15... Then it's about the petitioner and not the beneficiary, since all the info on the beneficiary is under section C.

But nowhere near the #15 it says whether it's B or C. I tend to go with Rete though... I do think they ask about the petitioner's job. But I'd be happy to hear other people's reactions.

The proof of employment I asked about, is for the I-864 form.

Thanks...
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rene,

In contrast to Rete, I believe that question B.15 on the I-130 is asking about the beneficiary's employment.

The requirements for a letter of employment are spelled out in the instructions for the I-134 Affidavit of Support. Be aware, however, that most employer's will not use the word 'permanent' in their letter.

Regards, JEff

In lieu of the word 'permanent', one can use the word 'full time'. No job is permanent and only years ago could an employee who works for the government under a civil servant category or perhaps teacher who has tenure truly use the word 'permanent'.

Rete
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...
I was wondering how I got into this thread...lol...I even have to double-glance when I see Noortje's name up there

The proof of employment letter my employer wrote was just as Rete described.

Best Wishes Noortje,
From the other "Noor" in the group
Rene
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
I was wondering how I got into this thread...lol...I even have to double-glance when I see Noortje's name up there . The proof of employment letter my employer wrote was just as Rete described.
Best Wishes Noortje,
From the other "Noor" in the group
Rene
Interesting to learn that "Noor" in Arabic means "LIGHT".
http://www.bubbaboo.com/baby-names.asp
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Interesting to learn that "Noor" in Arabic means "LIGHT".
http://www.bubbaboo.com/baby-names.asp
Yes, Noor (or Noorah) is my favorite Middle Eastern female name. Persians have a name "Noorjahan" which means "light of the world".
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Noortje,

I'm starting this day off on 2 wrong feet - good thing that's all the feet I have.

Yes, I confused you with Noorah - my apologies to both of you.

And I should have written C.15, not B.15.

The I-864 also has an instruction about what should be in the employment letter. It's very similar to the instruction for the I-134 but does not include the temporary v. 'permanent' item.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Regards, JEff

Thank you all so very much for the responses!

And about the proof of employment, thanks, I'll be sure to tell my fiancé...

About question #15. Jeffrey, you say it's B.15... Then it's about the petitioner and not the beneficiary, since all the info on the beneficiary is under section C.

But nowhere near the #15 it says whether it's B or C. I tend to go with Rete though... I do think they ask about the petitioner's job. But I'd be happy to hear other people's reactions.

Thanks...
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
Yes, Noor (or Noorah) is my favorite Middle Eastern female name. Persians have a name "Noorjahan" which means "light of the world".
Oh Noorjahan ryhmes with Shahjahan - the owner of Taj Mahal. By the way Rene, how is your part time Persian teaching going on?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:53 am
Tod's Princess

Thanks for all the clarifications!

No apologies jeffrey!

As to the name... well, I live in Belgium in the Dutch speaking part. The name Noor is well known here too. Noortje is the diminutive of Noor... just as Jamie is to James I guess.

Although I'm Belgian and living in Belgium, my roots are in Turkey. My real name is Nur (pronounced Noor), hence my screen name!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:19 am

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Oh Noorjahan ryhmes with Shahjahan - the owner of Taj Mahal. By the way Rene, how is your part time Persian teaching going on?
Hi 21st! Shahjahan means "king of the world" Teaching is going well, thanks. I have just one private student at the moment.

Noortje, Noor, Nur, Noorah....all variations of the same beautiful name. Too bad my real name is Rene...hehehe...my alter ego is definitely Noorah, though!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

On I-130 I filled in my job for question 15 (I am the beneficiary). I was also confused whether they asked about beneficiary's or petitioner's employment, so I wrote about mine, since it was in the same column as all of the beneficiary's info. Oh, well...
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:35 am
Tod's Princess

Originally posted by LucyMO
On I-130 I filled in my job for question 15 (I am the beneficiary). I was also confused whether they asked about beneficiary's or petitioner's employment, so I wrote about mine, since it was in the same column as all of the beneficiary's info. Oh, well...
Thanks... And all went well? So, I guess it's the beneficiary's job after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.