processing times through nebraska

Old Feb 6th 2001, 12:15 pm
misskate

hi all,

good news! aaron received our first notice of action from nebraska yesterday. they're
quoting a processing time of 70-100 days within their offices, and whilst this is what we
expected to hear, we're both hoping that this is an over-generous estimate.

i'd be grateful to answers to the following questions if you can help:

1. *is* this likely to be an over-generous estimate?
2. is processing time through nebraska dependent on the time of year (and if so, is early
jan a good time to start the process, as we did?)
3. the sheet of mailing details we received seemed to indicate that *all* k1 applications
are now being processed through nebraska, not just those pertaining to certain states.
did i interpret this correctly?

thanks for your time,

katy (uk) & aaron (wa)

Old Feb 6th 2001, 6:11 pm
k_m_l

they're quoting a processing time of 70-100 days within their offices, and whilst this is
what we expected to hear, we're both hoping that this is an over-generous estimate.

Unfortunately this was not an over-generous estimate in our case. Our NOA actually stated
a processing time of 45-60, but it was then extended to 70-100 days. It actually took 127
days for approval, and this was with intervention from my congressman.

Here is our timeline:

Petition received by NSC: Sept 25,2000 1st NOA: Oct 10, 2000 Congressional Intervention:
Jan 18, 2001 2nd NOA (approval): Jan 26, 2001 London Interview: ??? still waiting

Hope this helps! Just remember to be patient.

Kris (US) & Paul (UK)

Old Feb 6th 2001, 7:12 pm
sine nomine

k_m_l wrote:

: to 70-100 days. It actually took 127 days for approval, and this was with intervention
: from my congressman.

: Here is our timeline:

: Petition received by NSC: Sept 25,2000 1st NOA: Oct 10, 2000 Congressional Intervention:
: Jan 18, 2001 2nd NOA (approval): Jan 26, 2001

i noticed that three people (one of htem being you) have posted about getting second noa
from nsc in the last few days, and the timelines were close to identical. i'm wondering if
the congressperson actually had any effect at all.

--
sine | deb besides letting you know where your petition was, i guess

Old Feb 6th 2001, 7:51 pm
Kheryn

I just sent in my petition to Nebraska & have been keeping an eye on times...

just as a word of agreement, it seems to be taking approximately 4 months there
for everyone.

kheryn *and to think at this time last year it was taking 1-2 months... *sigh**

In article <[email protected]>,

> i noticed that three people (one of htem being you) have posted about getting second noa
> from nsc in the last few days, and the timelines were close to identical. i'm wondering
> if the congressperson actually had any effect at all.
>
> --
> sine | deb