Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Processing Times for EAD and AP ...

Processing Times for EAD and AP ...

Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Jesse_t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing Times for EAD and AP ...

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help with a question. I mailed my AOS package in August along with the EAD and AP forms. I had sent it to the Chicago Lockbox facility. My District Office is Oklahoma City. I just looked at the processing times and Oklahoma City is now processing APs with receipt notice of Sept. 9th and EADs with receipt notice of September 6th 2005. I have yet to receive either document. It says if my case was filed 30 days or earlier to the dates that I mentioned to call the 1-800 number. It is not yet 30 days, but almost. I will surely call once I hit the 30 days.

Question is how would they be able to send me my EAD if I have yet to receive either the figerprinting or biometrics notice? How could they be processing EADs from notice dates of Sept. 9th with no fingerprinting/biometrics notice? Is there something I'm missing here?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks ... Jesse
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Times for EAD and AP ...

Originally Posted by Jesse_t
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help with a question. I mailed my AOS package in August along with the EAD and AP forms. I had sent it to the Chicago Lockbox facility. My District Office is Oklahoma City. I just looked at the processing times and Oklahoma City is now processing APs with receipt notice of Sept. 9th and EADs with receipt notice of September 6th 2005. I have yet to receive either document. It says if my case was filed 30 days or earlier to the dates that I mentioned to call the 1-800 number. It is not yet 30 days, but almost. I will surely call once I hit the 30 days.

Question is how would they be able to send me my EAD if I have yet to receive either the figerprinting or biometrics notice? How could they be processing EADs from notice dates of Sept. 9th with no fingerprinting/biometrics notice? Is there something I'm missing here?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks ... Jesse
Hi Jesse,

You need to look at NBC's processing times for the EAD and AP...not your local office. The local office is only for your AOS.

I believe APs are taking around 2 months, and EADs around 3 months to process.

Did you receive the NOAs for the AP and EAD? Were there instructions to call for biometrics on the EAD, or did it say they would send you another appointment letter for the biometrics?

Rene
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:51 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge your EAD and AP are processed at the national benefits center (NBC), not at your local district office.

You will not receive your EAD before you have had biometrics done and need to go for your biometrics before anything gets prcoessed, which means if you have not been notified to go for this then they have not yet come to your case. From what I hear/read it is taking a solid 3 months to process EAD's.

~Sean~
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked, and it says processing August 7th for EADs. However, that's not 100% reliable, and reports from the forum are more at the full 3 month processing time.

Rene
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:33 am
Just Joined

minhvutran is an unknown quantity at this point

AP

Mailed on 27 Jul 05
Approved on 06 Oct 05

EAD

Mailed on 27 Jul 05
Biometrics on 18 Oct 05
Approved on 20 Oct 05

Hope it helps...

Vu
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jesse,

You need to look at NBC's processing times for the EAD and AP...not your local office. The local office is only for your AOS.

I believe APs are taking around 2 months, and EADs around 3 months to process.

Did you receive the NOAs for the AP and EAD? Were there instructions to call for biometrics on the EAD, or did it say they would send you another appointment letter for the biometrics?

Rene
Thanks for the clarification, Rene. Yep, I did indeed receive the NOAs (AOS, EAD, AP and petition). However, my online status says 30-60 days to process the AP and 30-90 days for the EAD. It also notes to call the 1-800 number if I've not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame.

I was also told that USCIS will schedule my biometrics/fingerprinting appointment and to wait for a notice for the EAD biometrics and the AOS fingerprinting. Perhaps they are waiting to schedule a two-in-one?

It is reassuring to know the average times are 2 and 3 months respectively.

Thanks once again.

- Jesse
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:57 am

Thanks for the clarification, Rene. Yep, I did indeed receive the NOAs (AOS, EAD, AP and petition). However, my online status says 30-60 days to process the AP and 30-90 days for the EAD. It also notes to call the 1-800 number if I've not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame.

I was also told that USCIS will schedule my biometrics/fingerprinting appointment and to wait for a notice for the EAD biometrics and the AOS fingerprinting. Perhaps they are waiting to schedule a two-in-one?

It is reassuring to know the average times are 2 and 3 months respectively.

Thanks once again.

- Jesse
Hi Jesse,

Yep, you're on the right track time-wise. Just wait for the notice to go for biometrics (try to get both done even if they only give you one appointment).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seanus
To the best of my knowledge your EAD and AP are processed at the national benefits center (NBC), not at your local district office.

You will not receive your EAD before you have had biometrics done and need to go for your biometrics before anything gets prcoessed, which means if you have not been notified to go for this then they have not yet come to your case. From what I hear/read it is taking a solid 3 months to process EAD's.

~Sean~
Thanks for the advice, Sean. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

bluefox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seanus

~Sean~
Hi

Are some AP applications handled by local offices? We may be moving to Puerto Rico, and it says on their local office site that applications for AP are to be done in person at the San Juan District Office.

So should I keep my AP application back from the rest of the stuff to file, then apply in person when I get there?

It says it will be processed within 14 working days!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

jamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nice

Originally Posted by bluefox
Hi

Are some AP applications handled by local offices? We may be moving to Puerto Rico, and it says on their local office site that applications for AP are to be done in person at the San Juan District Office.

So should I keep my AP application back from the rest of the stuff to file, then apply in person when I get there?

It says it will be processed within 14 working days!
Here are the current EAD and AP processing times:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/apstats.php
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:54 pm
Jezebelle

jezebelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minhvutran
AP

Mailed on 27 Jul 05
Approved on 06 Oct 05

EAD

Mailed on 27 Jul 05
Biometrics on 18 Oct 05
Approved on 20 Oct 05

Hope it helps...

Vu
We sent to Chicago lockbox on 8/10/05 for AP- now processing 9/5/05 and EAD sent same day and processing on 8/15/05. What area are you from?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

minhvutran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jezebelle
We sent to Chicago lockbox on 8/10/05 for AP- now processing 9/5/05 and EAD sent same day and processing on 8/15/05. What area are you from?
I'm from Colorado Springs, and mailed everything to Chicago lockbox.

Vu